RadioBanter

-   -   More Russian BS (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/130438-re-more-russian-bs.html)

Radioguy February 14th 08 12:36 PM

More Russian BS

On Feb 12, 2:42*pm, wrote:
You are right, the cold war never ended.It only simmered down for a
while.It is back on, full steam ahead again.
cuhulin

I'm not even sure sure it really simmered down much at all. I think
that Reagan, Clinton and Bushes found it useful to sell the story that
the former Soviets were really opening up and redirect attention
elsewhere.

dxAce February 14th 08 12:43 PM

More Russian BS

Radioguy wrote:

On Feb 12, 2:42 pm, wrote:
You are right, the cold war never ended.It only simmered down for a
while.It is back on, full steam ahead again.
cuhulin

I'm not even sure sure it really simmered down much at all. I think
that Reagan, Clinton and Bushes found it useful to sell the story that
the former Soviets were really opening up and redirect attention
elsewhere.

It did simmer down for quite a while. The Russians were broke. Now, they've a
lot of money coming in from sales of oil, so Putin got the bombers out of
mothballs.

I remember having a few buzz us a couple times one afternoon. Quite interesting.

[email protected] February 14th 08 06:11 PM

More Russian BS

It's spelled, Roosia.They are Roosians, or Russkys.Janine DeCandellario,
her dad hooked up with a Roosian woman.She caught a flight to San
Francisco.She changed her mind and went back to Roosia.Janine's
girlfirend took off for Florida.I never heard (Janine and I used to chit
chat politics back and forth via emails) from good old Janine
anymore.Janine was working for eCommerce in Cupertino,California at the
time.I have no idea what she is doing nowadays.
cuhulin