RadioBanter

-   -   Amusing Video / Petition to save Windows XP (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/130774-amusing-video-petition-save-windows-xp.html)

David[_6_] February 25th 08 02:15 PM

Amusing Video / Petition to save Windows XP

Hi All:

Here's a little video on Windows Vista; entitled " Vista Sucks"

http://blimptv.blogspot.com/2007/11/vista-sucks.html

- Now that your in a good mood, please go to the link below

and sigh the petition to

Save Windows XP.

http://weblog.infoworld.com/save-xp/

After you've done all this, consider sending this message to all your
friends; everywhere

Thanks

About 100,000 other people who've already signed the petition to Save
Windows XP.

catchme February 26th 08 12:11 AM

David wrote:

Hi All:

Here's a little video on Windows Vista; entitled " Vista Sucks"

http://blimptv.blogspot.com/2007/11/vista-sucks.html

- Now that your in a good mood, please go to the link below

and sigh the petition to

Save Windows XP.

http://weblog.infoworld.com/save-xp/

After you've done all this, consider sending this message to all your
friends; everywhere

Thanks

About 100,000 other people who've already signed the petition to Save
Windows XP.

save xp?
im considering changing to open source o/s

David[_6_] February 26th 08 12:21 AM

Amusing Video / Petition to save Windows XP

On Feb 25, 3:32 pm, wrote:
David wrote:

and sigh the petition to

Save Windows XP.

Idiot! It's been done.http://it.slashdot.org/article.pl?si...22205&from=rss

--

SLOWLY MisterSoftee is coming around.... but they haven't changed the
" cut off " date

http://www.computerworld.com.au/inde...1;fp;16;fpid;1

Go to a PC Vendor and search on "XP";

Its being offered for quite a few machines.. for a while ;
until Microsoft Arbitrarily pulls the plug..

http://weblog.infoworld.com/save-xp

Dangerous workplaces and safety ruleshttp://tinyurl.com/2fvm6r

NoStop February 26th 08 05:03 PM

Frank wrote:

dave wrote:

David wrote:

Hi All:

Here's a little video on Windows Vista; entitled " Vista Sucks"

http://blimptv.blogspot.com/2007/11/vista-sucks.html

- Now that your in a good mood, please go to the link below

and sigh the petition to

Save Windows XP.

http://weblog.infoworld.com/save-xp/

After you've done all this, consider sending this message to all your
friends; everywhere

Thanks

About 100,000 other people who've already signed the petition to Save
Windows XP.

Screw Windows. Its time came and went.

www.ubuntu.com

Would you please stop your spamming in this Vista ng? Spamming is not
allowed. The OP is asking about Vista and has not expressed any interest
at all about any other os.
Take it somewhere else, but not here.
Frank

Just like YOU did in the Ubuntu newsgroup? You hypocrite.

Cheers ... and LOL!

--
Vista will make you speechless!
http://tinyurl.com/38zv7x

Proprietary Softwa a 20th Century software business model.

Q: What OS is built for lusers?
A: Which one requires running lusermgr.msc to create them?

Frank, hard at work on his Vista computer all day:
http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/war...tm/compost.htm

nobody > February 27th 08 05:15 AM

dave wrote:
David wrote:

On Feb 25, 3:32 pm, wrote:
David wrote:

and sigh the petition to
Save Windows XP.
Idiot! It's been
done.http://it.slashdot.org/article.pl?si...22205&from=rss

--

SLOWLY MisterSoftee is coming around.... but they haven't changed the
" cut off " date

http://www.computerworld.com.au/inde...1;fp;16;fpid;1

Go to a PC Vendor and search on "XP";

Its being offered for quite a few machines.. for a while ;
until Microsoft Arbitrarily pulls the plug..

http://weblog.infoworld.com/save-xp

Dangerous workplaces and safety ruleshttp://tinyurl.com/2fvm6r

I have a Windows 98 machine that still works. I have to have it to run
proprietary control and management applications on "vintage" equipment.

Same here. I manage a pile of laptops begged off IT running 98SE, as a
huge amount of critical equipment has software that still needs a
command prompt and direct control of serial ports.

I just noticed the RRS newsgroup in the list, there's probably a few
people there who know about Motorollover's MRSS woes if you have radios
more than 10 years old.

catchme February 27th 08 11:11 AM

Frank wrote:
dave wrote:

David wrote:

[...]

i believe its an opinion piece....not spam.
i suppose that if i said i love my old mac, you would think i'm
supporting apple?
i drink coke, too.
want to know about my henckells kitchen knives?
also, i think you may be an idiot...

David[_6_] February 28th 08 01:06 AM

On Feb 25, 9:15 am, David wrote:
Hi All:

Here's a little video on Windows Vista; entitled " Vista Sucks"

http://blimptv.blogspot.com/2007/11/vista-sucks.html

- Now that your in a good mood, please go to the link below

and sigh the petition to

Save Windows XP.

http://weblog.infoworld.com/save-xp/

After you've done all this, consider sending this message to all your
friends; everywhere

Thanks

About 100,000 other people who've already signed the petition to Save
Windows XP.

- So,

in the quest to keep my 5 year old PC alive with Windows XP
I took it down to the PC Guy,
who
backed up the hard drive onto a new hard drive
Put the new hard drive in the PC& gave me the old hard drive

& so it's good to go for another 3-5 years..

- All for $$ 160;

- Neat, eh!

- and ( getting Technical) the new 160 GB Hard Drive runs at 7200 RPM,

- All the data is on the outer edges,,

- so I got a huge performance boost too..

RHF February 28th 08 02:38 AM

On Feb 27, 5:06*pm, David wrote:
On Feb 25, 9:15 am, David wrote:

Hi All:

Here's a little video on Windows Vista; entitled " Vista Sucks"

http://blimptv.blogspot.com/2007/11/vista-sucks.html

- Now that your in a good mood, please go to the link below

and sigh the petition to

Save Windows XP.

http://weblog.infoworld.com/save-xp/

After you've done all this, consider sending this message *to all your
friends; everywhere

Thanks

About 100,000 other people who've already signed the petition to Save
Windows XP.

-
- So,
-
- in the quest to keep my 5 year old PC alive with
- Windows XP I took it down to the PC Guy, who
- backed up the hard drive onto a new hard drive
-
- Put the new hard drive in the PC &
-*gave me the old hard drive
- & so it's good to go for another 3-5 years..
- All for $$ 160; Neat, eh!
-
- and (getting Technical) the new
- 160 GB Hard Drive runs at 7200 RPM,
- All the data is on the outer edges,,
- so I got a huge performance boost too..
- shutting down all faster

David - Good Tip for Extending the Life of a trusted PC
and Operating System; and on the plus side getting
more performance out of it too. :o) ! ~ RHF

catchme February 28th 08 05:57 PM

Frank wrote:
dave wrote:

David wrote:

[...]

....might help matters if you took the issue to the OP, rather than those
who respond to the post?
else, you come across as an idiot tilting at windmills, ASKING for a
flame war!