RadioBanter

-   -   Drake R8 question (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/130867-re-drake-r8-question.html)

Telamon February 28th 08 06:13 AM

Drake R8 question

In article ,
"Pete KE9OA" wrote:

I may be picking up one of these things tomorrow. Looking at the input
bandpass filter schematic, I notice a T type of attenuator that consists of
two 270 ohm series resistors, with a 330 ohm shunt resistor on the MW filter
section.
Am I dreaming, or did Drake really dumb down the design with a full time
attenuator on the MW band? If this is the case, it looks like I have yet
another project.

On the R8 I think they also don't allow you to turn on the pre-amp.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California