RadioBanter

-   -   Just Read That iBiquity Has Hired a New V.P. of Sales! (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/130901-just-read-ibiquity-has-hired-new-v-p-sales.html)

Rfburns February 29th 08 06:03 AM

Just Read That iBiquity Has Hired a New V.P. of Sales!

Took a trip to the local Best Buy to check on the status of HD radio
sales. Same three units still there - imagine that. This stuff is
hot - and a college town at that.

Just read that iBiquity has hired a new V.P. of sales - a Mr. Stocks
from MyerEmco. Seems I've seen that guy on TV a few years back
selling Ginsu knives or something like that. OK, maybe it was laundry
detergent.

In making the announcement, Bernie Sapienza, iBiquity's Vice President
of Retail Business Development, said, "We are happy to bring JR on
board at this important time, when the growth in HD Radio products at
retail is increasing. We will rely on him to work with our retail and
manufacturing partners to build HD Radio technology's presence at
retail."

Seems iBiquity might want to start with a little honesty about their
current state of sales, or lack of. The dudes at iBiquity are spin-
masters. At least Ginsu knives work.

Also read that iBiquity will not support any further development of AM
HD beyond the current state. That should send a shiver to those boys
currently transmitting AM HD.

These iBiquity dudes are techno-wizards. Even a school boy with a
rudimentary understanding of amplitude modulation schemes knows there
is no way to transition from an analog signal to a digital one without
taking huge chunks of bandwidth. Unless you want if to sound like a
cell phone.

Welcome aboard the Titanic JR.

jw

RHF February 29th 08 12:44 PM

On Feb 29, 4:28*am, Rfburns wrote:
On Feb 29, 6:23 am, RHF wrote:

[...]

- - .
- - IBOC "HD" Radio : Just Read That iBiquity
- - Has Hired a New V.P. of Sales!
- - .
-
- You need help.
- jw
-

RF Burns,

Yes I Do - Please Help by putting an "IBOC" at the start
of the Subject-Line for the Messages that you Originate
-wrt- IBOC and "HD" Radio. {Yes It Is That Simple}

help is on the way ~ RHF

Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 18:46:45 +0000

"Hey, we are all entitled to our opinions. I would appreciate your
not having attacked me in your post on the google finance site.
Perhaps you would be kind enough to remove it if that is at all
possible. If I knew you or you knew me, or perhaps I had a done
something that deserved such a comment, that would be one thing. I am
sure you have your opinions on IBOC, and are entitled to those. You
are not entitled to an opinion of me when you do not know me."

Best Regards,
J. R. Stocks

http://finance.google.com/group/goog...fd9f1ef555c151

I referred to Stocks as a loser on iNiquity's Google Finance site,
because MyerEmco was a loser that went out of business. Yea, a real
nice guy that should be considered a criminal, along with the rest of
iNiquity's employees, for this monopoly to take over our airways
through adjacent-channel interference! Maybe, he doen't realize that
since he has been in the news, he is considered a public figure, and
is legally open to criticism.

Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 18:46:45 +0000

http://finance.google.com/group/goog...rowse_thread/t...

I referred to Stocks as a loser on iNiquity's Google Finance site,
becauseMyerEmcowas a loser that went out of business. Yea, a real
nice guy that should be considered a criminal, along with the rest of
iNiquity's employees, for this monopoly to take over our airways
through adjacent-channel interference! *Maybe, he doen't realize that
since he has been in the news, he is considered a public figure, and
is legally open to criticism.

Funny- no one told be me that we had gone out of business. Check your
facts, Myer-Emco is very much in business, and has been for 52 years.
Rationalizing a personal attack of someone you do not know, simply
because they are in the news, is pretty weak ground. I am not sure
what your beef with J.R. is, but I would certainly vouch for his
credibility and capabilities.
Signed- Jon Myer, Owner- Myer-Emco Audio/Video
How about you signing your name to your attack as well? Your comments
are in the public domain, are they not?

Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 18:46:45 +0000

[...]

are in the public domain, are they not?- Hide quoted text -

MyerEmco got bought out - don't have a beef with him, except all
iBiquity employees should be held responsible for supporting the
highjacking of our airways. Let's see, what happens when Congress
finishes its investigation of the FCC - hopefully, this scam called HD
Radio will be brought to the publics' attention and those responsible
are prosecuted.

Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 18:46:45 +0000

[...]

House Subcommittee To Investigate FCC"

"WASHINGTON -- December 4, 2007: House Commerce Committee Chairman
John Dingell (D-MI) told FCC Chairman Kevin Martin in a letter Monday
that he's concerned about 'procedural breakdowns' at the FCC and that
the Commerce Committee's Subcommittee on Oversight and Investigation
will be conducting a probe into the agency."

http://www.radioink.com/HeadlineEntr...&pt=todaysnews

“HD Radio on the Offense”

“But after an investigation of HD Radio units, the stations playing
HD, and the company that owns the technology; and some interviews with
the wonks in DC, it looks like HD Radio is a high-level corporate
scam, a huge carny shill.”

http://www.eastbayexpress.com/2007-0...on-the-offense

"Editorial on the recent approval of HD Radio (IBOC) in the USA"

"... the reason the big boys in the big markets are so pro IBOC is
because they like the hash as it wipes out distant signals getting
into their market. There is no way to stop skip, but if the IBOC hash
wipes the signal out, then the locals will have to listen to their
local station. Kind of like legal jamming. Considering that, then even
if the public does not buy the radios, keeping the IBOC signal might
be worth their while."

http://www.am-dx.com/amiboc.htm

"DEAD AIR: Radio's great leap forward stalling in the Valley"

"KMBH, the National Public Radio affiliate based in Harlingen,
switched to HD this year, but the change did not boost its
inconsistent analog signal in the upper Valley. Monsignor Pedro
Briseño, the manager of the station and its television affiliate, did
not return multiple calls and an e-mail requesting comment on the
station’s shift. A fundraising campaign on the station asked local
listeners to contribute to the upgrade earlier this year, touting the
change as a service to listeners that would improve their experience.
The station’s business manager said she could not reveal the cost of
the upgrade, saying all media requests have to be routed to Briseño. A
public information request faxed to the station Monday evening has not
yet received a response. Organizations that receive government funding
are subject to state and federal open records laws, but have seven
business days to respond to information requests."

http://www.themonitor.com/news/radio...gital_new.html

"HD Radio: Will More Awareness Translate To Sales?"

"Unfortunately, Ibiquity does not: Yes, they have gotten many radio
stations to make the $100,000 or so investment required to add HD
Radio broadcasting, but what the leave out of their PR spin is that
MANY of these stations were Public Radio/NPR stations that had their
equipment paid for by special funding from Congress. So tell me,
senior executives from, say, Sony, Mitsubishi, Best Buy, etc.: How do
you feel about Ibiquity''s lobbyists getting US taxpayers to pick up
the tab for many of their transmitter sales? Wouldn''t it be great if
your lobbyists could get Congress to mandate that US taxpayers be
required to buy your products, too? Do you even slightly care?
Ibiquity will take their money and run, and HD Radio will join a long
list of failed formats, like Dolby FM radio, Elcassete, mini disk (in
the US), etc."

http://tinyurl.com/37pe7t

"HD Radio: Fun with Math"

"I think it is fair to say that the audiophile community, those people
who take their FM seriously, is dead set AGAINST HDRadio. Not only do
most people never intend to buy a radio, unless as a plaything for
early adopters and collectors, but are aghast at the FCC for even
allowing IBOC to thrash up the FM bandwidth. Plus, people with enough
technical savvy to read the specs are insulted by the false claims of
'CD sound quality' or even 'near-CD sound quality'. These are
transparent marketing hype, beyond mean puffery. Sorry, but HDRadio
has sworn enemies. This goes beyond just business but has political
reprecussions for FCC and for Congress. This has the whiff of
political scandal - and I'm a rock-ribbed Republican! The Corporation
for Public Broadcasting is especially vulnerable. My advice for any
businessman is to avoid any association with HDRadio."

http://www.hear2.com/2006/06/hd_radio_fun_wi.html

Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 18:46:45 +0000

[...]

Whoever you are, you had better be careful using threatening tones
with posters. There is a big difference between that and First
Amendment Free Speech Rights! And, good-luck if you think bringing the
"big guns" out is going to discourage me from posting! Don't you have
that "bought out" business to attend to? Being bought-out is a retreat
strategy, so I wouldn't brag, if I were you!

Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 18:46:45 +0000

[...]

strategy, so I wouldn't brag, if I were you!- Hide quoted text -