Old March 19th 08, 11:33 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default The BBC World Serice Shortwave Radio Broadcast to the CaribbeanRegion to Close on 23 March 2008

The BBC World Serice Shortwave Radio Broadcast
to the Caribbean Region to Close on 23 March 2008

http://blogs.rnw.nl/medianetwork/bbc...se-on-23-march

-source- Radio Netherlands Worldwide (RNW)
RNW Media Network - http://blogs.rnw.nl/medianetwork/

BBC World Service Radio Frequencies
Americas : Caribbean & Central America [Times UTC]
http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/sc...aribbean.shtml

The BBC Caribbean . Com -website-
http://www.bbc.co.uk/caribbean/
* Caribbean Report
* Morning Report
* Caribbean Magazine
* Sports Caribbean

Listening to the BBC in the Caribbean
AM and FM Radio Stations plus Shortwave Radio Frequencies
http://www.bbc.co.uk/caribbean/insti...quencies.shtml
Island-by-Island Listing of AM & FM Radio Stations and Frequencies

BBC World Service - Global Short Wave Frequencies
http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/sc...es/index.shtml

and now you know cause you just read it ~ RHF
Old March 19th 08, 11:52 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Here we go again !! BBC copping out on a long history of SWservice.
Well I don't know about you, but I gave up on them the last time they
cut SW services. I don't, nor will I listen to any of their SW Web
Satelliete or otherwise broadcasts. If they cant provide SW service
to millions of their loyal fellow English-speaking people in North
America (and Carribean) then I'm no longer interested. They are being
arrogant and inconsiderate, full of stupid excuses and all round a
total mess. Bye Bye BBC, you can chop the whole service as far as I am
concerned.

.

Old March 20th 08, 12:39 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

I used to rely on their short wave broadcasts for news and programs
you'd never get in the U.S.

- S.O.L. - unless you're hooked into the internet or

http://blogs.rnw.nl/medianetwork/bbc...ribbean-to-clo...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/sc...0/radio_freque...

Old March 20th 08, 01:17 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"barnegatdx" wrote in message

I used to rely on their short wave broadcasts for news and programs
you'd never get in the U.S.

- S.O.L. - unless you're hooked into the internet or

I have found over the last 20 years that Radio Netherlands has much better,
truer and more detailed Short-wave news! The only problem is that Radio
Netherlands has cut way back on the number of broadcast.

Burr

Old March 20th 08, 12:15 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Mar 19, 9:17 pm, "Burr" wrote:
"barnegatdx" wrote in message

I used to rely on their short wave broadcasts for news and programs
you'd never get in the U.S.

- S.O.L. - unless you're hooked into the internet or

I have found over the last 20 years that Radio Netherlands has much better,
truer and more detailed Short-wave news! The only problem is that Radio
Netherlands has cut way back on the number of broadcast.

Burr

Thanks Burr;

- will check out radio Netherlands as an alternate;

Roy?

You got the schedule out there ?

Old March 20th 08, 12:25 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"barnegatdx"

Thanks Burr;

- will check out radio Netherlands as an alternate;

Roy?

You got the schedule out there ?

http://www.primetimeshortwave.com/

http://www.radionetherlands.nl/

You're welcome,

Burr

Old March 20th 08, 01:26 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

-

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.r...752f8ff8dd9bde
- - BBC World Service - Global Short Wave Frequencies
- - http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/sc...es/index.shtml

SW-4-Ever,

REF - BBC WS Shortwave for Caribbean to Close on 23 March
March 17th, 2008 - 13:16 UTC by Andy .
http://blogs.rnw.nl/medianetwork/bbc...se-on-23-march

Blog Page Text -follows-
The BBCWS website carries the following announcement:

* BBC World Service shortwave transmissions to the Caribbean will
close on March 23rd 2008.

* Many listeners in the Caribbean and around the world no longer
listen via shortwave.

* Instead they are choosing to listen to the radio on other platforms
including FM, satellite and online.

* As a result, the BBC has invested in new FM services to the
Caribbean.

* BBC World Service programmes can now be heard on FM 24 hours a day
in Antigua, Trinidad and Jamaica as well as via partner stations in
almost all of the Caribbean islands.

-source- Radio Netherlands Worldwide (RNW)
RNW Media Network - http://blogs.rnw.nl/medianetwork/
CopyRight © 2008 RNW Media Network - All Rights Reserved.

BROADCAST RADIO REALITY CHECK :
[Internationa Shortwave Radio -versus-
In-Country AM & FM Radio ]

COST - The BBC has better more Cost-Effective means
of Getting-Their-Message-Out in the Caribbean Region
to the Peoples of the Caribbean by using local AM & FM
Radio Stations in their Native Languages using the common
every-day AM/FM Radio that is everywhere : Home +
Office/Work + Car/Truck -versus- the specialized and
more limited and more costly Shortwave Radio/Receiver.

GROWTH - The use of the AM/FM Radio means that the
BBC World Service can Expand their Number of Radio
Listeners because the Number of AM/FM Radios and
AM/FM Listeners (BCLs) is Many-Times-Greater-Than
the number of Shortwave Radios and Shortwave Listeners
(SWLs).

SIGNAL & AUDIO - To the Local Radio Listener the RF
Signal is stronger and Audio Quality of the BBC World
Services Broadcast is Better and Clearer -when-
Compared to the former International Shortwave Radio's
RF Signal 'fading' and Audio Quality 'background noise'.

THE NEXT GENERATION - The BBC World Service
is interested in the Next Generation of Audio Content
Consumers and they are on the Internet and many still
do Listen to AM & FM Radio : The 'older' Shortwave
Radio Listening (SWL) Generation is dying-off and so
too is the need to broadcast to that generation.

GETTING THE MESSAGE-OUT - The BBC World Service's
Job is To-Get-The Message-Out from a Brittish (UK)
Point-of-View to the Next Generation of World Citizens
and Inform them with News and Information from the UK.
This Next Generation is Tomorrow's Local, National and
World Leaders and the BBC World Service what's to
Influence them while they are Young and Open to What
Is Out-There-in-the-Wordl beyond their City, State and
Nation.

TBL - This Change Is About : The Biggest Bang {World
Wide Voice} For The {Limited Broadcasting} Buck.

do i like it 'no' -but- you can not turn your back on reality
-cause- it just might run you over when you do ~ RHF
Old March 20th 08, 12:49 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

SW4ever wrote:
Here we go again !! BBC copping out on a long history of SWservice.
Well I don't know about you, but I gave up on them the last time they
cut SW services. I don't, nor will I listen to any of their SW Web
Satelliete or otherwise broadcasts. If they cant provide SW service
to millions of their loyal fellow English-speaking people in North
America (and Carribean) then I'm no longer interested. They are being
arrogant and inconsiderate, full of stupid excuses and all round a
total mess. Bye Bye BBC, you can chop the whole service as far as I am
concerned.

You are the one who's being arrogant and inconsiderate. There aren't a
million shortwave listeners left in the hemisphere, let alone in North
America. Why spend all that money to transmit to a few hobbyists?
Old March 20th 08, 01:00 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"dave"
You are the one who's being arrogant and inconsiderate. There aren't a
million shortwave listeners left in the hemisphere, let alone in North
America. Why spend all that money to transmit to a few hobbyists?

Damn Dave,
Wish you wouldn't say that, you may be right and that's sad.

Burr

Old March 20th 08, 02:19 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article
,

http://blogs.rnw.nl/medianetwork/bbc...o-close-on-23-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/sc...requencies_car
ibbean.shtml

The BBC Caribbean . Com -website-
http://www.bbc.co.uk/caribbean/
* Caribbean Report
* Morning Report
* Caribbean Magazine
* Sports Caribbean

Listening to the BBC in the Caribbean
AM and FM Radio Stations plus Shortwave Radio Frequencies
http://www.bbc.co.uk/caribbean/insti...quencies.shtml
Island-by-Island Listing of AM & FM Radio Stations and Frequencies

BBC World Service - Global Short Wave Frequencies
http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/sc...es/index.shtml

and now you know cause you just read it ~ RHF
.

Yeah, this is great. Why do I bother to read the news when RHF will
repost all kinds of crap here. Great job again moron.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California