RadioBanter

-   -   Ten Tec rx 320 on linux (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/132160-re-ten-tec-rx-320-linux.html)

dxAce May 25th 08 12:43 PM

eBay Q&A : May I Ask, What kind of a Moron would put a $3000 [RX] onthe Floor ?

RHF wrote:

eBay Auction Q&A : May I ask,
.
what kind of a moron would put a $3000 on the floor??

Just a fellow who wanted a nice picture on the hardwood floor. Do you think he
operated it from that position?

http://cgi.ebay.com/_W0QQitemZ220238452954
.
NOTICE - BE ADVISED : This is NOT my Auction and
I am NOT Associated with the eBay Seller Radio-Mart.

Apparently not a Radio-Mart auction.

.
PLEASE NOTE : That this Message is being Posted
For Your Informational [FYI] Purposes Only.
.
CAUTION - Know your Seller and something about what they are Selling.
.
As Always - Buyer Beware - Life is a Gamble and so is eBay ~ RHF

Are you the 'peasant' that the seller was referring to?

Sanjaya[_4_] May 25th 08 01:44 PM

eBay Q&A : May I Ask, What kind of a Moron would put a $3000 [RX] on the Floor ?

"RHF" wrote
eBay Auction Q&A : May I ask,
.
what kind of a moron would put a $3000 on the floor??
.
http://cgi.ebay.com/_W0QQitemZ220238452954
.

The kind who spells "receiver" wrong in his auction title?

"Ten-Tec RX-340 HF Reciver with antenna and software"

Sorry... I couldn't resist after looking at the auction page.

dave May 25th 08 02:33 PM

eBay Q&A : May I Ask, What kind of a Moron would put a $3000[RX] on the Floor ?

Sanjaya wrote:
"RHF" wrote
eBay Auction Q&A : May I ask,
.
what kind of a moron would put a $3000 on the floor??
.
http://cgi.ebay.com/_W0QQitemZ220238452954
.

The kind who spells "receiver" wrong in his auction title?

"Ten-Tec RX-340 HF Reciver with antenna and software"

Sorry... I couldn't resist after looking at the auction page.

It's a very nice floor.

BDK[_4_] May 25th 08 05:48 PM

eBay Q&A : May I Ask, What kind of a Moron would put a $3000 [RX] on the Floor ?

In article 0351596e-d52c-43bf-a67a-cb38f5a70204
@l17g2000pri.googlegroups.com, says...
eBay Auction Q&A : May I ask,
.
what kind of a moron would put a $3000 on the floor??
.
http://cgi.ebay.com/_W0QQitemZ220238452954

Someone who wanted a nice pic of the radio on a contrasting surface.
What exactly is the problem with doing it?

.
NOTICE - BE ADVISED : This is NOT my Auction and
I am NOT Associated with the eBay Seller Radio-Mart.
.
PLEASE NOTE : That this Message is being Posted
For Your Informational [FYI] Purposes Only.
.
CAUTION - Know your Seller and something about what they are Selling.
.
As Always - Buyer Beware - Life is a Gamble and so is eBay ~ RHF
.

It's not being sold by Radio-Mart, unless it's a "secret identity" for
them/him. Is it?

--
BDK
Kook Magnet Supreme!

RHF May 25th 08 09:02 PM

eBay Q&A : May I Ask, What kind of a Moron would put a $3000 [RX]on the Floor ?

On May 25, 5:44*am, "Sanjaya" wrote:
"RHF" wrote

eBay Auction Q&A : May I ask,
.

-
- "Ten-Tec RX-340 HF Reciver with antenna and software"
-
- Sorry... I couldn't resist after looking at the auction page.

NOTE - "with antenna" refers to a
Wellbrook ALA-1530+ Loop Antenna
http://www.wellbrook.uk.com/products.html#ALA1530

RHF June 3rd 08 04:12 AM

Softwave Defined Radio (SDR) -choice- Desk-Top PC ? -or- Lap-TopPC ?

On Jun 2, 5:52*pm, "Robert Sillett" wrote:
- If you use a notebook computer and the SDR uses a
- serial port, then you will need to use a USB-to-Serial
- converter. *Not all of these devices perform equally.
-*And many notebooks (at least mine) inject a signifcant
- amount of RFI into the adapter. *I feel like I'm keeping my
- local Radio Shack in business by buying all their chokes.
-
- This is something to keep in mind.
-
- Bob, N3OEA

Bob [N3OEA] - Good to know - tyvm ~ RHF

RHF June 3rd 08 05:16 AM

eBay Q&A : May I Ask, What kind of a Moron would put a $3000 [RX]on the Floor ?

On May 25, 4:20*am, RHF wrote:
eBay Auction Q&A : May I ask,
*.
what kind of a moron would put a $3000 on thefloor??
*.http://cgi.ebay.com/_W0QQitemZ220238452954
*.
NOTICE - BE ADVISED : This is NOT my Auction and
I am NOT Associated with the eBay Seller Radio-Mart.
*.
PLEASE NOTE : That this Message is being Posted
For Your Informational [FYI] Purposes Only.
*.
CAUTION - Know your Seller and something about what they are Selling.
*.
As Always - Buyer Beware - Life is a Gamble and so is eBay ~RHF
*.

Ten-Tec RX-340 HF Reciver with Wellbrook ALA-1530+
Loop Antenna - Sold for $2950

Telamon June 3rd 08 06:09 AM

eBay Q&A : May I Ask, What kind of a Moron would put a $3000 [RX] on the Floor ?

In article
,
RHF wrote:

On May 25, 4:20*am, RHF wrote:
eBay Auction Q&A : May I ask,
*.
what kind of a moron would put a $3000 on thefloor??
*.http://cgi.ebay.com/_W0QQitemZ220238452954
*.
NOTICE - BE ADVISED : This is NOT my Auction and
I am NOT Associated with the eBay Seller Radio-Mart.
*.
PLEASE NOTE : That this Message is being Posted
For Your Informational [FYI] Purposes Only.
*.
CAUTION - Know your Seller and something about what they are Selling.
*.
As Always - Buyer Beware - Life is a Gamble and so is eBay ~RHF
*.

Ten-Tec RX-340 HF Reciver with Wellbrook ALA-1530+
Loop Antenna - Sold for $2950
.

Someone got a good deal.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

RHF June 11th 08 03:14 AM

eBAY WARNING - FRAUDULENT LISTING - Ten-Tec RX-340 HF Reciver +Wellbrook ALA-1530+ Loop Antenna

On May 25, 4:20*am, RHF wrote:
eBayAuction Q&A : May I ask,
*.
what kind of a moron would put a $3000 on the floor??
*.http://cgi.ebay.com/_W0QQitemZ220238452954
*.
NOTICE - BE ADVISED : This is NOT my Auction and
I am NOT Associated with theeBaySeller Radio-Mart.
*.
PLEASE NOTE : That this Message is being Posted
For Your Informational [FYI] Purposes Only.
*.
CAUTION - Know your Seller and something about what they are Selling.
*.
As Always - Buyer Beware - Life is a Gamble and so iseBay~RHF
*.

eBAY WARNING - FRAUDULENT LISTING

This is the Second Listing for this Ten-Tec RX-340 HF Reciver
along with a Wellbrook ALA-1530+ Loop Antenna

http://cgi.ebay.com/_W0QQitemZ150257553067

Seller "china-es" -claims- "hello dear, thanks for your email, very
sorry that we just sell the dresses. somebody thieve our account and
listing this product. pls notice this, thanks very much. regards,
china-es"

The last time these two were Listed and Sold someone
paid $2950. - - -hope they go the real things ~ RHF

RHF June 12th 08 04:21 PM

3rd Time x x x Being Listed on eBay Ten-Tec RX-340 HF Reciver withWellbrook ALA-1530+

On Jun 2, 10:09*pm, Telamon
wrote:
In article
,
*RHF wrote:
On May 25, 4:20*am, RHF wrote:

- - - eBay Auction Q&A : May I ask,
- - - *.
- - - what kind of a moron would put a $3000 on thefloor??
- - - http://cgi.ebay.com/_W0QQitemZ220238452954
- - - *.
- - - NOTICE - BE ADVISED : This is NOT my Auction and
- - - I am NOT Associated with the eBay Seller Radio-Mart.
- - - *.
- - - PLEASE NOTE : That this Message is being Posted
- - - For Your Informational [FYI] Purposes Only.
- - - *.
- - - CAUTION - Know your Seller and something about what they are
Selling.
- - - *.
- - - As Always - Buyer Beware - Life is a Gamble and so is eBay ~RHF
- - - *.

- - Ten-Tec RX-340 HF Reciver with Wellbrook ALA-1530+
- - Loop Antenna - Sold for $2950

- Someone got a good deal.
-
- --
- Telamon
- Ventura, California

Now these same Pictures of the Ten-Tec RX-340 HF
Reciver with Wellbrook ALA-1530+ Loop Antenna
are being used to sell ? ? ? {SCAM???}

http://cgi.ebay.com/_W0QQitemZ280235751029

But-It-Now Price was $1300 plus Free Shipping

suggest caution ~ RHF