RadioBanter

-   -   Hello HD RADIO, WE'RE NOT WOWED! (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/132212-re-hello-hd-radio-were-not-wowed.html)

friendlyneighborhooddisease April 5th 08 04:44 PM

Hello HD RADIO, WE'RE NOT WOWED!

mpd wrote:
With the exception of a few rare shows or
personalities most radio stations sound the same. And forgive but where's
the wow factor with HD radio? This is radio's big release! their big hit and
future! You can't walk into Best Buy and hear a dozen or so great sounding
stations.

Um no offense but...

1) not all stations sound the same. some have actual shows that will
play music that isn't exactly innovative but the shows can be
good...there's some hd stations now with radio shows that stream
online...having wifi in cars might be the future with this but it can
take awhile. Boston for example is presumed to be a very wired city
with all the colleges and everything but yet four years after planning
it they still don't..there's a chance that after the analog ota tv
channels sunset that more spectrum will allow this maybe...

You can buy mobile broadband from Verizon or Sprint.

David Eduardo[_4_] April 5th 08 05:23 PM

Hello HD RADIO, WE'RE NOT WOWED!

"friendlyneighborhooddisease" wrote in message
.. .
mpd wrote:
[...]

I have both, and need both as the coverage is erratic on both. The unlimited
service costs me a total of about $2,000 a year. That is a bit more than
most people will pay to stream audio.

IBOCcrock April 5th 08 08:51 PM

mpd wrote:
[...]

most people will pay to stream audio.- Hide quoted text -

Then you really are a stupid high-school dropout - my kid has an
iPhone, and unlimitied Internet is only $20 extra/month.

mumblerron April 6th 08 12:18 PM

Hello HD RADIO, WE'RE NOT WOWED!

mpd wrote:
[...]

You tell us all about it, NAMBLA dude...

David Eduardo[_4_] April 7th 08 04:45 PM

"D Peter Maus" wrote in message

Then you really are a stupid high-school dropout - my kid has an
iPhone, and unlimitied Internet is only $20 extra/month.

Many corporate IT departments don't support iPhone. If an iPhone user
can't access his company's servers for e-mail and other business
documents, iPhone isn't a good choice.

Supposedly, the next iPhone in "about" June will address the corporate
e-mail and security issues. On the other hand, the internet connection, at
present, is very slow and inadequate for anything but the lower quality
streaming options.

David Eduardo[_4_] April 7th 08 04:48 PM

"IBOCcrock" wrote in message

You can buy mobile broadband from Verizon or Sprint.

I have both, and need both as the coverage is erratic on both. The
unlimited
service costs me a total of about $2,000 a year. That is a bit more than
most people will pay to stream audio.- Hide quoted text -

Then you really are a stupid high-school dropout - my kid has an
iPhone, and unlimitied Internet is only $20 extra/month.

The specific reference was to Sprint and Verizon mobile EVDO mobile
broadband, not to the iPhone which is on the AT&T network.

The iPhone internet is very, very, excruciatingly, slow. It's comparable at
best to a decent 28.8 dial up. And you have to pay the base phone charge
plus the device. $400 plus about $80 a month is the end cost for very slow
internet connections.

D Peter Maus April 7th 08 08:08 PM

David Eduardo wrote:
"D Peter Maus" wrote in message
Then you really are a stupid high-school dropout - my kid has an
iPhone, and unlimitied Internet is only $20 extra/month.

Many corporate IT departments don't support iPhone. If an iPhone user
can't access his company's servers for e-mail and other business
documents, iPhone isn't a good choice.

Supposedly, the next iPhone in "about" June will address the corporate
e-mail and security issues. On the other hand, the internet connection, at
present, is very slow and inadequate for anything but the lower quality
streaming options.

I know it may come as a surprise, to you, Brother, but I can read the
releases from Apple, and other sources, for myself.

But thanks for summarizing them.

Do you charge for this service?

dxAce April 7th 08 08:27 PM

D Peter Maus wrote:

David Eduardo wrote:
"D Peter Maus" wrote in message
Then you really are a stupid high-school dropout - my kid has an
iPhone, and unlimitied Internet is only $20 extra/month.

Many corporate IT departments don't support iPhone. If an iPhone user
can't access his company's servers for e-mail and other business
documents, iPhone isn't a good choice.

Supposedly, the next iPhone in "about" June will address the corporate
e-mail and security issues. On the other hand, the internet connection, at
present, is very slow and inadequate for anything but the lower quality
streaming options.

I know it may come as a surprise, to you, Brother, but I can read the
releases from Apple, and other sources, for myself.

But thanks for summarizing them.

Do you charge for this service?

Heck, he probably owned companies in Ecuador that provided that service :-)

mumblerron April 7th 08 09:40 PM

Hello HD RADIO, WE'RE NOT WOWED!

On Apr 7, 11:45 am, "David Eduardo" wrote:
"D Peter Maus" wrote in ...

Then you really are a stupid high-school dropout - my kid has an
iPhone, and unlimitied Internet is only $20 extra/month.

Many corporate IT departments don't support iPhone. If an iPhone user
can't access his company's servers for e-mail and other business
documents, iPhone isn't a good choice.

Supposedly, the next iPhone in "about" June will address the corporate
e-mail and security issues. On the other hand, the internet connection, at
present, is very slow and inadequate for anything but the lower quality
streaming options.

Is it too slow for your NAMBLA kiddie porn? Darn, that's too bad.

RHF April 7th 08 09:41 PM

On Apr 7, 12:27*pm, dxAce wrote:
D Peter Maus wrote:
David Eduardo wrote:
"D Peter Maus" wrote in message
Then you really are a stupid high-school dropout - my kid has an
iPhone, and unlimitied Internet is only $20 extra/month.

* Many corporate IT departments don't support iPhone. If an iPhone user
can't access his company's servers for e-mail and other business
documents, iPhone isn't a good choice.

Supposedly, the next iPhone in "about" June will address the corporate
e-mail and security issues. On the other hand, the internet connection, at
present, is very slow and inadequate for anything but the lower quality
streaming options.

- - I know it may come as a surprise, to you, Brother,
- - but I can read the releases from Apple,
- - and other sources, for myself.
- -
- - But thanks for summarizing them.
- -
- - Do you charge for this service?
- -
- Heck, he probably owned companies in Ecuador
- that provided that service :-)
-

Dang DX Ace,

I thought for sure you reply would have mentioned
d'Eduardo's Faux News Service ! ;-}

The d'Phone dial any Arbiton Number and you get the
Sound of Digital Hash from IBOC for the Dial Tone.

~ RHF