RadioBanter

-   -   VOA now on 6.180 (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/132265-voa-now-6-180-a.html)

MojaveDxer April 7th 08 06:14 AM

VOA now on 6.180

VOA knocking RHC out of the box on the West Coast on 6.180. I
guess I can kiss off Arnie and the sunday night jazz show
now.

BCBlazysusan April 7th 08 06:40 AM

VOA now on 6.180

On Apr 7, 1:14*am, MojaveDxer wrote:
* * * VOA knocking RHC out of the box on the West Coast *on 6.180. *I
guess I can kiss off Arnie and the sunday night jazz show
now.

RHC at my QTH in Cincinnati- solid copy. No sign of VOA.

[email protected] April 7th 08 06:41 AM

VOA now on 6.180

On Apr 6, 10:14 pm, MojaveDxer wrote:
VOA knocking RHC out of the box on the West Coast on 6.180. I
guess I can kiss off Arnie and the sunday night jazz show
now.

I'm getting a battle of the bands. To some degree I can rotate the
antenna to get less interference. Still, thanks for the FYI.

RHF April 7th 08 02:00 PM

VOA now on 6.180

On Apr 6, 10:14*pm, MojaveDxer wrote:
- VOA knocking RHC out of the box on the West Coast
-*on 6.180. *I guess I can kiss off Arnie and the sunday
- night jazz show now.

7 APR 2008 : 49 Metre Shortwave Radio Band

Radio Habana Cuba (RHC) on 6180 kHz @ 10:15 UTC
S2~S3 with Poor Weak Audio.

Channel Africa on 6160 kHz @ 10:20 UTC via CKZU
(CBU - CBC Radio One - Vancouver, BC)
S9+10dB with Very Good Audio.

Italian Opera Music (CVC Chile?) on 6185 kHz @ 10:25 UTC
Solid S9+20dB with Very Good Audio.
Italian Opera Music was still there at 10:35~10:45 UTC

BBC-WS on 6195 kHz @ 10:30 UTC [BOH]
BBC World Briefing Topic "Opus Dei"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opus_Dei
S9+10dB with Very Good Audio.
and the "Da Vinci Code"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Da_Vinci_Code

Voice of Korea on 6285 kHz @ 10:35 UTC
Patriotic Songs and Music by none other than the
Great {Beloved & Revered} Leader "Kim Il-sung"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kim_Il-sung
Solid S9 with Good Audio.

yes - i heard it on the radio ~ RHF
RHF's Radio Shack in Twain Harte, California -USA-
SHACK INFO = http://tinyurl.com/2skmxm
Shortwave Radio / Receiver and SWL Antenna Info

[email protected] April 7th 08 04:34 PM

VOA now on 6.180

On Apr 6, 10:41 pm, wrote:
On Apr 6, 10:14 pm, MojaveDxer wrote:

VOA knocking RHC out of the box on the West Coast on 6.180. I
guess I can kiss off Arnie and the sunday night jazz show
now.

I'm getting a battle of the bands. To some degree I can rotate the
antenna to get less interference. Still, thanks for the FYI.

Around 7GMT, VOA went off the air. I never did get an ID on the signal
in the background, which at that point was quite weak. It was a
Spanish language broadcast.

RHF April 8th 08 07:57 AM

On Apr 7, 6:00*am, RHF wrote:
[...]

*.

7 APR 2008 : 49 Metre Shortwave Radio Band
Hours : 02:00 UTC ~ 03:30 UTC

Radio Habana Cuba (RHC) on 6140 kHz
Solid S9+10dB with Very Good Audio
in Spanish : Noticas de Radio Habana Cuba ID

Radio Habana Cuba (RHC) on 6180 kHz
Solid S9+20dB with Very Good Audio
in English : News from Radio Habana Cuba ID

NOTE - The one nice thing about Radio Habana Cuba
(RHC) they usually ID themselves many many times
throughout the Hour.

Radio Havana Cuba (RHC) - Horarios, Bandas y Frecuencias
Válido desde octubre-2007 hasta marzo-2008
http://www.rhc.cu/espanol/frecuencia...as-espanol.htm

NOTE - This is the A07 Schedule which RHC still has up
on their WebSite; and most of it still seams to be correct.

~ RHF

Telamon April 9th 08 02:39 AM

Radio Habana Cuba (RHC) on 6180 kHz

In article
,
RHF wrote:

On Apr 7, 6:00*am, RHF wrote:
[...]

Yes, several people have posted about this. You have something to add or
are you just BS'ing again?

You kind of remind me of people that drive around on Sunday with no
place to go screwing up everyone else. No point, no thought is the RHF
style.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

RHF April 9th 08 11:20 AM

Rádio Nacional da Amazônia on 6180 kHz @ 08:00 UTC

On Apr 7, 11:57*pm, RHF wrote:
On Apr 7, 6:00*am, RHF wrote:
On Apr 6, 10:14*pm, MojaveDxer wrote:

- - -
- - - VOA knocking RHC out of the box on the West Coast
- - - on 6.180. *I guess I can kiss off Arnie and the sunday
- - - night jazz show now.
- - -
- - 7 APR 2008 : 49 Metre Shortwave Radio Band
- - Hours : 10:00 UTC ~ 11:00 UTC
- -
[...]
- - *.
-
- 7 APR 2008 : 49 Metre Shortwave Radio Band
- Hours : 02:00 UTC ~ 03:30 UTC
-
[...]
- *.

9 APR 2008 : 49 Metre Shortwave Radio Band
Hours : 08:00 UTC ~ 09:00 UTC

6145 kHz - NHK Radio Japan - Nihon
S-Meter : S8~S9 with Very Good Audio in Japanese
http://www.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/
http://www.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/englis...ave/index.html

6150 kHz - The University Network - Costa Rica
S-Meter : S3~S5 with Weak to Fair Audio
and the Voice of Dr Gene Scott.
http://www.drgenescott.org/
http://www.ilibros.net/UnivNetwrk.htm
http://www.worldwideuniversitynetwork.com/

6180 kHz - Rádio Nacional da Amazônia - Brazil
S-Meter : S9+10dB with Very Good Audio
in Portuguese and Brazilian sounding Music.
http://www.radiobras.gov.br/estatico...l_amazonia.htm

6185 kHz - CVC La Voz - Chile
S-Meter : S5~S9 with Good Audio
in Spanish with Christian ? Music.
http://www.cvclavoz.cl/
http://www.christianvision.com/

Yes on same Frequency 6180 kHz at a Different Hour of
the Day : There is another Voice and another Place to be
Heard from when You Listen to the Shortwave Radio.

Telamon April 10th 08 01:57 AM

PONG : Telamon - "You have something to add or are you just BS'ing again?"

In article
,
RHF wrote:

On Apr 8, 6:39*pm, Telamon
wrote:
In article
,

*RHF wrote:
On Apr 7, 6:00*am, RHF wrote:
[...]

- - Hours : 02:00 UTC ~ 03:30 UTC
- -
- - Radio Habana Cuba (RHC) on 6140 kHz
- - Solid S9+10dB with Very Good Audio
- - in Spanish : Noticas de Radio Habana Cuba ID
- -
-
- Yes, several people have posted about this.
- You have something to add or are you just BS'ing again?
-
- You kind of remind me of people that drive around on
- Sunday with no place to go screwing up everyone else.
- No point, no thought is the RHF style.
-
- --
- Telamon
- Ventura, California
-

PONG : Telamon - "You have something to add or are you just BS'ing
again?"

So now according to "The Great Telamon" I am NOT 'allowed'
to Post "Shortwave Radio Reception Reports" to a Shortwave
Radio Listener's Newsgroup.

teli - your mind be boggled - oh never mind ~ RHF

SNIP

I'll try to be more CLEAR. What you posted is not news. It is redundant
at best so why bother? Do you realize that in general you make threads
unreadable? In general do you realize you look like a complete idiot? Do
you care that you look like an idiot? In any event this makes the news
group counter productive in any thread you participate in. Do you
realize this? Why do you think I call you an idiot? You think maybe it
is just a pejorative. Well it isn't. What it is, is descriptive in the
Bill Clinton sense of the word.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

RHF April 10th 08 09:18 AM

PONG : Telamon - "Do you care that you look like an idiot?"{Obsessed}

On Apr 9, 5:57*pm, Telamon
wrote:
In article
,

*RHF wrote:
On Apr 8, 6:39*pm, Telamon
wrote:
In article
,

*RHF wrote:
On Apr 7, 6:00*am, RHF wrote:
[...]

Teli - You Idioted-Up So Much Here in this Rant Against Me
I just can't put it all in a Subject-Line -So- I will have to
'choose'
the best of the best.

Teli - I sort of like this one -but- I honestly don't like
calling anyone an 'idiot'

PONG : Telamon - "Why do you think I call you an idiot?"

Teli - This is more self-relective an hopefully Mirror's
your own hateful words back at you.

PONG : Telamon - "Do you care that you look like an idiot?"

Teli - Do 'you' Care That All Your Bashing "RHF" Replies
here are in-fact Making you Appear to be 'Obsessed' ?

and that is something to think about ~ RHF