RadioBanter

-   -   (OT) : What is the Best News Reader for Usenet ? (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/133276-re-ot-what-best-news-reader-usenet.html)

dave May 6th 08 02:03 PM

(OT) : What is the Best News Reader for Usenet ?

m II wrote:
D Peter Maus wrote:

I use Mozilla Thunderbird. Great e-mail client, with a pretty good
newsreader.

Open Source.

Free for the download.

Mac, Windoze, Linux.

Handles nicely. Quick set up.

I use it on my Linux box. generally good, with a few exceptions. The
filtering for the newsgroups isn't very good. The search function to
find specific posters sometimes doesn't work correctly, in that the
subject frame is skewed off screen by a few posters. Once in a while, a
long message won't scroll properly all the way to the bottom.

These things may well be confined to the Linux version only, I don't know.

mike

I don't have those issues. I'm running Gutsy on a 12 Watt Via C7D
machine, blazing away at 1.5 gHz.