RadioBanter

-   -   Interesting Propagation (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/133380-interesting-propagation.html)

dxAce May 10th 08 10:19 PM

Interesting Propagation

Around 1900 or so I was tuning around the 49 meter band and not finding much of
anything when I can upon a pretty good signal on 6050. Turned out to be HCJB in
Spanish directed to S. America (sked 1900-2330).

Supposedly 25 KW beamed 172 degrees, also listed as 018 degrees also 25 KW.
Signal held up well for about 45 minutes or so, then went back into the noise.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

dxAce May 11th 08 08:30 PM

Interesting Propagation

dxAce wrote:

Around 1900 or so I was tuning around the 49 meter band and not finding much of
anything when I can upon a pretty good signal on 6050. Turned out to be HCJB in
Spanish directed to S. America (sked 1900-2330).

Supposedly 25 KW beamed 172 degrees, also listed as 018 degrees also 25 KW.
Signal held up well for about 45 minutes or so, then went back into the noise.

Checking today between 1900-1930 I can only detect a weak carrier on the frequency.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

dxAce May 11th 08 09:10 PM

Interesting Propagation

dxAce wrote:

dxAce wrote:

Around 1900 or so I was tuning around the 49 meter band and not finding much of
anything when I can upon a pretty good signal on 6050. Turned out to be HCJB in
Spanish directed to S. America (sked 1900-2330).

Supposedly 25 KW beamed 172 degrees, also listed as 018 degrees also 25 KW.
Signal held up well for about 45 minutes or so, then went back into the noise.

Checking today between 1900-1930 I can only detect a weak carrier on the frequency.

However, checking just after 2000 I can detect some audio.

dxAce
Michigan
USA