RadioBanter

-   -   iBiquity Responds To Challenge Of In-Store HD-Radio Demos (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/133487-ibiquity-responds-challenge-store-hd-radio-demos.html)

[email protected] May 15th 08 09:54 PM

iBiquity Responds To Challenge Of In-Store HD-Radio Demos

"iBiquity Responds To Challenge Of In-Store HD-Radio Demos"

"Getting live or simulated demos in stores, however, has not been a
significant barrier to sales, Sapienza contended. The issue is "No. 4
or 5 on the list of challenges, not No. 1 or 2, based on our success
with online retailers," he contended."

http://www.twice.com/article/CA6561407.html

Isn't this something - iBiquity argues that the lack of in-store demos
hasn't been a barrier to HD radio sales, even though only 25% of
consumers are aware of HD radio, so the majority of consumers wouldn't
know to purchase on-line, so would be exposed to HD Radio in-store.
Also, the HD radios on Amazon are ranked no higher than 13,000 in
electonic sales. So, I guess that Satrad has been wasting their time
with in-store demos. Nothing but excuses and lies.

[email protected] May 16th 08 06:01 AM

On May 15, 8:28�pm, RHF wrote:
On May 15, 1:54�pm, wrote:

"iBiquity Responds To Challenge Of In-Store HD-Radio Demos"

"Getting live or simulated demos in stores, however, has not been a
significant barrier to sales, Sapienza contended. The issue is "No. 4
or 5 on the list of challenges, not No. 1 or 2, based on our success
with online retailers," he contended."

http://www.twice.com/article/CA6561407.html

Isn't this something - iBiquity argues that the lack of in-store demos
hasn't been a barrier to HD radio sales, even though only 25% of
consumers are aware of HD radio, so the majority of consumers wouldn't
know to purchase on-line, so would be exposed to HD Radio in-store.
Also, the HD radios on Amazon are ranked no higher than 13,000 in
electonic sales. So, I guess that Satrad has been wasting their time
with in-store demos. Nothing but excuses and lies.

Pocket Radio,

Now-a-Days... People go to the Internet to Get Informed :
Then People go to Stores for a Look-See and To-Buy.

That being said : The HD-Radio Consortium is really
Dumb for not having a Standard Side-by-Side Display
of an Old Analog AM & FM Radio and a new Digital
AM & FM HD-Radio.

D'Oh ! - Marketing 101 : Before & After
-aka- The Old -versus- New and Improved !

idtars ~ RHF

If they don't know about HD Radio, then they wouldn't know to search
for it, stupid!

pocket-radio May 19th 08 11:48 PM

iBiquity Responds To Challenge Of In-Store HD-Radio Demos

Does Walmart have to demo HD TV to sell units? They place units on a shelf
and plug it into the wall outlet. That's it! the TV and programming does
the rest. dumasses