RadioBanter

-   -   Value of rare shortwave radio (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/133506-re-value-rare-shortwave-radio.html)

Radioguy May 16th 08 05:55 PM

Value of rare shortwave radio

On May 16, 7:04*am, Merlin3rd wrote:
I have a JVC portable Model FR-6600 JW. It is in perfect cosmetic and
operating condition. Does anyone know what it is worth?
Thanks.
Merlin

Is this the one on Craigslist in Annandale, Va? I'm suspicious of:
"Mint working condition and picks up stations". It doesn't say mint
cosmetic, only mint operating condition. Very big difference.

It would compete with the Panasonic 2200 through 2900 radios for
functionality if not performance. It's an unknown brand of shortwave
radios which may actually limit it's attraction to collectors. If it
is Japan made then you might find more collector interest in Japan,
possibly on the Japan Yahoo site. On ebay it's possibly worth $100.00