RadioBanter

-   -   iBiquity losing ground in Satrad merger? (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/133684-ibiquity-losing-ground-satrad-merger.html)

gallant17 May 23rd 08 06:27 PM

iBiquity losing ground in Satrad merger?

"FCC Chairman says Sirius-XM ruling possible by June 30th"

"Regarding the open device condition, we agreed with the Chairman that
should the Commission permit any entity to manufacture a satellite
radio receiver, it would obviate the need for a mandate that all
satellite radios have an HD radio chip, or that they be interoperable.
In that case, the market would inevitably provide for satellite radio
receivers with a wide variety of features." (emphasis added)."

"Takeaway: This is a strong suggestion that iBiquity's proposal is
losing ground in favor of open access. That's a good thing in my
opinion - requiring that HD Radio be included seems to have little to
do with the "public interest" and more to do with "iBiquity's
interest."

http://www.orbitcast.com/archives/pu....html#comments

Let the market decide, and we know what that means!

RHF May 23rd 08 10:16 PM

D'Oh ! - G17 - You are so ANTI "Free" Over-the-Air AM&FM Radio

On May 23, 10:27*am, gallant17 wrote:
"FCC Chairman says Sirius-XM ruling possible by June 30th"

"Regarding the open device condition, we agreed with the Chairman that
should the Commission permit any entity to manufacture a satellite
radio receiver, it would obviate the need for a mandate that all
satellite radios have an HD radio chip, or that they be interoperable.
In that case, the market would inevitably provide for satellite radio
receivers with a wide variety of features." (emphasis added)."

"Takeaway: This is a strong suggestion that iBiquity's proposal is
losing ground in favor of open access. That's a good thing in my
opinion - requiring that HD Radio be included seems to have little to
do with the "public interest" and more to do with "iBiquity's
interest."

http://www.orbitcast.com/archives/pu...s-meet-with-ch...

- Let the market decide, and we know what that means!

IN REALITY "The Market" is BIG Media Corporations
and Their Paying Corporate Advertisers; along with the
Broadcast Industry Lobbists in Washington DC telling
the US Congress what is needed and the US Congress
'telling' the FCC what to do.

- - LOL, iBiquity!

D'Oh ! - G17 - You are so ANTI "Free" Over-the-Air
AM&FM Radio be it Analog or Digital it is a fool-time
Psychotic Obsession.

take it to a new-media-jerk newsgroup - please ~ RHF

John Kasupski[_2_] May 24th 08 06:44 PM

D'Oh ! - G17 - You are so ANTI "Free" Over-the-Air AM&FM Radio

On Fri, 23 May 2008 14:16:16 -0700 (PDT), RHF
wrote:

take it to a new-media-jerk newsgroup - please ~ RHF

I most definitely second that motion!

73 DE John, KC2HMZ, Tonawanda, NY
TS-50/TS-450/DX-394/DX-300/Wires