RadioBanter

-   -   Any Portable AM/FM/TV/Weather Band Radios for Digital TV? (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/133933-any-portable-am-fm-tv-weather-band-radios-digital-tv.html)

Too_Many_Tools June 3rd 08 04:14 AM

Any Portable AM/FM/TV/Weather Band Radios for Digital TV?

Does anyone know of any portable AM/FM/TV/Weather band radios for
receiving digital television?

Thanks

TMT

Beloved Leader June 3rd 08 04:22 AM

On Jun 2, 11:14*pm, Too_Many_Tools wrote:
Does anyone know of any portable AM/FM/TV/Weather band radios for
receiving digital television?

Not that I know of. I have two small TVs like what you describe. I'm
reluctant to get rid of them. I guess they'll turn into pumpkins next
February.

Dave[_15_] June 3rd 08 02:21 PM

Beloved Leader wrote:
On Jun 2, 11:14 pm, Too_Many_Tools wrote:
Does anyone know of any portable AM/FM/TV/Weather band radios for
receiving digital television?

Not that I know of. I have two small TVs like what you describe. I'm
reluctant to get rid of them. I guess they'll turn into pumpkins next
February.

Will still work for thousands of LPTVs.

RHF June 3rd 08 09:53 PM

On Jun 2, 8:22*pm, Beloved Leader wrote:
On Jun 2, 11:14*pm, Too_Many_Tools wrote:

Does anyone know of any portable AM/FM/TV/Weather band radios for
receiving digital television?

- Not that I know of.
- I have two small *TVs like what you describe.
- I'm reluctant to get rid of them.
- I guess they'll turn into pumpkins next February.

They will still work OK as Secuity Camera Monitors.

Brenda Ann June 3rd 08 10:03 PM

Any Portable AM/FM/TV/Weather Band Radios for Digital TV?

"Dave" wrote in message
m...
Beloved Leader wrote:
On Jun 2, 11:14 pm, Too_Many_Tools wrote:
Does anyone know of any portable AM/FM/TV/Weather band radios for
receiving digital television?

Not that I know of. I have two small TVs like what you describe. I'm
reluctant to get rid of them. I guess they'll turn into pumpkins next
February.

Will still work for thousands of LPTVs.

Hardly any of these radios have UHF coverage, and the vast majority of
LPTV's are on UHF. Or, if you're talking about the portable TV's (I have
several of these as well, but I don't think my signals will be going away
any time soon), then yes, they will still be able to pick up the LPTV
stations.. but only at close range. Won't be able to take them camping or to
the beach, etc. anymore and get any use out of them other than as a lighted
paperweight or to hold down a corner of the blanket while you're on a
picnic..

Too_Many_Tools June 4th 08 12:23 AM

On Jun 2, 9:14*pm, Too_Many_Tools wrote:
Does anyone know of any portable AM/FM/TV/Weather band radios for
receiving digital television?

Thanks

TMT

Actually my original question was for a AM/FM/TV/Weather RADIO but I
also am looking for a SMALL digital TELEVISION also.

So thanks for all comments so far...they are appreciated.

So has anyone seen either a AM/FM/TV/Weather RADIO or a SMALL digital
TELEVISION?

Thanks

TMT

RHF June 4th 08 04:46 AM

Per C. Crane Company : What You Should Know Before Buying a Radiowith the TV Audio Band - VHF Channels 2~13

On Jun 2, 8:14*pm, Too_Many_Tools wrote:
-
- Does anyone know of any portable AM/FM/TV/Weather
- band radios for receiving digital television?
-
- Thanks
-
- TMT

Per C. Crane Company : What You Should Know Before
Buying a Radio with the TV Audio Band - VHF Channels 2~13
http://www.ccrane.com/tv-alert.aspx
There will be NO regular Analog TV VHF Signals being
Broadcasted after 17 February 2009 : So the TV Audio
Radio function will cease to be effective for reception of
those Audio Signals.

RHF June 4th 08 04:50 AM

On Jun 3, 4:23*pm, Too_Many_Tools wrote:
On Jun 2, 9:14*pm, Too_Many_Tools wrote:

Does anyone know of any portable AM/FM/TV/Weather band radios for
receiving digital television?

Thanks

TMT

Actually my original question was for a AM/FM/TV/Weather RADIO but I
also am looking for a SMALL digital TELEVISION also.

So thanks for all comments so far...they are appreciated.

So has anyone seen either a AM/FM/TV/Weather RADIO or a SMALL digital
TELEVISION?

Thanks

TMT

CCRadio Plus -by- C. Crane Company
http://www.ccrane.com/radios/am-fm-radios/ccradio-plus/
AM, FM, Weather and TV Audio for Channels 2-13
Description : FAQs : Specs : Manual : Troubleshoot
-note- the TV Audio for Channels 2-13 are Analog
NOT Digital.

Brenda Ann June 4th 08 05:58 AM

"Too_Many_Tools" wrote in message

Actually my original question was for a AM/FM/TV/Weather RADIO but I
also am looking for a SMALL digital TELEVISION also.

So thanks for all comments so far...they are appreciated.

So has anyone seen either a AM/FM/TV/Weather RADIO or a SMALL digital
TELEVISION?

Here's the only one I can find offhand. Note: ATSC tuners eat batteries
like crazy...

http://cgi.ebay.com/7-Color-LCD-Port...mZ380031063329

Brenda Ann June 4th 08 06:04 AM

Any Portable AM/FM/TV/Weather Band Radios for Digital TV?

"Too_Many_Tools" wrote in message
Actually my original question was for a AM/FM/TV/Weather RADIO but I
also am looking for a SMALL digital TELEVISION also.

So thanks for all comments so far...they are appreciated.

So has anyone seen either a AM/FM/TV/Weather RADIO or a SMALL digital
TELEVISION?

http://www.insignia-products.com/pc-...al-lcd-tv.aspx

Don't see anything for a digital television sound radio. Probably won't,
either, since they would have to process the entire ATSC signal to get the
audio, unlike the current generation TV sound radios, which simply have to
tune the audio carrier from the TV channel, and don't have to deal with the
video at all.