RadioBanter

-   -   (OT) D-Day (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/134071-ot-d-day.html)

dxAce June 8th 08 06:25 PM

(OT) D-Day

I forgot to mention this on Friday, so please forgive me, but these few days
mark D-Day, June 6, 1944.

Bravery, Sacrifice and Heroism.

Pause and remember them all.

[email protected] June 8th 08 09:12 PM

(OT) D-Day

I remember the day well - I was only seven years old and lived on the
South coast on the English Channel. There was a regiment of Canadians
bivuoaced in the fields around us. That night the engines revved and
in the morning they had gone.....

During the day the sky was black with thousands and thousands of
aircraft - C47's towing gliders, bombers and fighters.

A day to remember

JP

On Jun 8, 9:27*pm, dxAce wrote:
dxAce wrote:
I forgot to mention this on Friday, so please forgive me, but these few days
mark D-Day, June 6, 1944.

Bravery, Sacrifice and Heroism.

Pause and remember them all.

And, as I spoke to my long time friend Ingrid a bit earlier today, I asked her
to remember her father, Gunther, who was around 17 years of age at the time and
was in the area on June 6, 1944.

He fought for his country, and is worthy of our respect as well. He and his wife
took me, a total stranger, all over southern Germany, and we shared many good
times though neither of us had a good grasp of each others language.

dxAce June 8th 08 09:23 PM

(OT) D-Day

wrote:

I remember the day well - I was only seven years old and lived on the
South coast on the English Channel. There was a regiment of Canadians
bivuoaced in the fields around us. That night the engines revved and
in the morning they had gone.....

During the day the sky was black with thousands and thousands of
aircraft - C47's towing gliders, bombers and fighters.

A day to remember

Thanks so very, very much John for that memory.

We owe them our deepest respect for what they did on what was perhaps the most
momentous day of the 20th century.

RHF June 8th 08 10:44 PM

(OT) D-Day

On Jun 8, 10:25*am, dxAce wrote:
I forgot to mention this on Friday, so please forgive me, but these few days
mark D-Day, June 6, 1944.

Bravery, Sacrifice and Heroism.

Pause and remember them all.

D-Day and the Battle of Normandy :
Your Questions Answered
-written-by- the D-Day Museum, Portsmouth
http://www.ddaymuseum.co.uk/faq.htm

More on The Real Human Cost of D-Day
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_many_people_died_on_D-Day

Numbers of Americans Killed and Wounded -by- Action
http://members.aol.com/usregistry/allwars.htm

Let Us Remember and Never Forget the Sacrafice of All Those
Who Died for Our Freedom and Honor Them All - Amen ~ RHF

frank halaburak June 8th 08 11:12 PM

(OT) D-Day

"dxAce" wrote in message

I remember the day well - I was only seven years old and lived on the
South coast on the English Channel. There was a regiment of Canadians
bivuoaced in the fields around us. That night the engines revved and
in the morning they had gone.....

During the day the sky was black with thousands and thousands of
aircraft - C47's towing gliders, bombers and fighters.

A day to remember

Thanks so very, very much John for that memory.

We owe them our deepest respect for what they did on what was perhaps the
most
momentous day of the 20th century.

Hello, I was away this weekend and just got back to reading the posts.

Totally agree, We owe them so much thanks for what they did, my uncle
served in the Canadian Army during the war. I am 47 yrs.old and he died
in 1971 when I was 10 so I didn't know him very well. I wish he was still
alive to thank him in person.I remember my mom telling me stories about
him and how he came back from the war a different person and turned to
alcohol to forget.He came back but was still a casualty.We should never
forget..................Thank You Ace for the reminder, Frank

David Eduardo[_4_] June 8th 08 11:31 PM

(OT) D-Day

"dxAce" wrote in message

I remember the day well - I was only seven years old and lived on the
South coast on the English Channel. There was a regiment of Canadians
bivuoaced in the fields around us. That night the engines revved and
in the morning they had gone.....

During the day the sky was black with thousands and thousands of
aircraft - C47's towing gliders, bombers and fighters.

A day to remember

Thanks so very, very much John for that memory.

We owe them our deepest respect for what they did on what was perhaps the
most
momentous day of the 20th century.

I hope that goes for the 14,000 Canadians who also landed that day, and the
near-1000 who died.

dxAce June 9th 08 12:05 AM

(OT) Eduardo, always the Jackass

David Eduardo wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

I remember the day well - I was only seven years old and lived on the
South coast on the English Channel. There was a regiment of Canadians
bivuoaced in the fields around us. That night the engines revved and
in the morning they had gone.....

During the day the sky was black with thousands and thousands of
aircraft - C47's towing gliders, bombers and fighters.

A day to remember

Thanks so very, very much John for that memory.

We owe them our deepest respect for what they did on what was perhaps the
most
momentous day of the 20th century.

I hope that goes for the 14,000 Canadians who also landed that day, and the
near-1000 who died.

Did I make any distinction with regard to country, you pedantic little
cocksucker?

David Eduardo[_4_] June 9th 08 12:29 AM

"dxAce" wrote in message

David Eduardo wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

[...]

No, you did not but it certainly is inconsistent of you to recognize such an
important date which was and effort that included thousands of Canadians,
yet the rest of the time you insult and denigrate Canadians. Inconsistent
would be an understated term.

D Peter Maus June 9th 08 12:30 AM

dxAce wrote:

David Eduardo wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

I remember the day well - I was only seven years old and lived on the
South coast on the English Channel. There was a regiment of Canadians
bivuoaced in the fields around us. That night the engines revved and
in the morning they had gone.....

During the day the sky was black with thousands and thousands of
aircraft - C47's towing gliders, bombers and fighters.

A day to remember
Thanks so very, very much John for that memory.

We owe them our deepest respect for what they did on what was perhaps the
most
momentous day of the 20th century.

I hope that goes for the 14,000 Canadians who also landed that day, and the
near-1000 who died.

Did I make any distinction with regard to country, you pedantic little
cocksucker?

Careful, Steve....the American Federation of Pedantic Little
Cocksuckers may get you for that.

And you KNOW they've got a great pension plan.