RadioBanter

-   -   auto remotes (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/134838-auto-remotes.html)

[email protected] July 7th 08 11:10 PM

auto remotes

Am looking for an older model remote that's installed in my
Silverado. It's an Alpine Model SEC-8426A. It also has an FCC number
to it, which is B23AT51. Mine spazzed out and kept remotely starting
and shutting off the truck, then decided to activate the alarm system,
too. I wound up having to cut the wires in the truck in order to
shut it off. I've looked locally, and even on the web, found a place
in TX--Auto Tech Security Systems--but they don't carry that model.
It has a rounded, diamond-like appearance, keyring on one end, two
buttons, and a red LED. I'm really looking for an original model to
replace mine, but have found nothing in the meantime. Can anyone help
me out here?