RadioBanter

-   -   R.Netherlands Cancels SW to N.America (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/136803-re-r-netherlands-cancels-sw-n-america.html)

Telamon September 19th 08 06:48 PM

R.Netherlands Cancels SW to N.America

In article
,
wrote:

On Sep 18, 2:11*pm, dxAce wrote:
http://www.radionetherlands.nl/featu...rtwave-america
(via DXLD-Yahoo)

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Drake R7, R8, R8A and R8B
70' and 200' wire
I swear by, not at, Drake receivers.

And, as always, don't do business with The Huntington Investment Company.

I will miss the Netherlands, and so will my friend, who is Dutch.
Fred Burgess

It's a real shame. What a stupid decision.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

Dave[_17_] September 19th 08 07:08 PM

On Fri, 19 Sep 2008 10:48:46 -0700, Telamon wrote:

Burgess

It's a real shame. What a stupid decision.

It's a matter of allocating limited resources and serving the most people
for the smallest cost. Between the web and WRN and HFBC, which would you
suspend if you had to pick one?

bpnjensen September 19th 08 08:22 PM

R.Netherlands Cancels SW to N.America

On Sep 19, 10:48*am, Telamon
wrote:
In article
,

wrote:
On Sep 18, 2:11*pm, dxAce wrote:
http://www.radionetherlands.nl/featu...rtwave-america
(via DXLD-Yahoo)

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Drake R7, R8, R8A and R8B
70' and 200' wire
I swear by, not at, Drake receivers.

And, as always, don't do business with The Huntington Investment Company.

I will miss the Netherlands, and so will my friend, who is Dutch.
Fred Burgess

It's a real shame. What a stupid decision.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California- Hide quoted text -

I can normally hear their broadcast from Madagascar pretty well, at
least in winter. I agree, however - it is foolish as was BBC's a few
years back. BBC is easy to hear Stateside, though - RN won't be as
easy.

Telamon September 19th 08 11:15 PM

R.Netherlands Cancels SW to N.America

In article ,
Dave wrote:

On Fri, 19 Sep 2008 10:48:46 -0700, Telamon wrote:

Burgess

It's a real shame. What a stupid decision.

It's a matter of allocating limited resources and serving the most people
for the smallest cost. Between the web and WRN and HFBC, which would you
suspend if you had to pick one?

Yeah baby, HF all the way. I'd dump the expensive web and the costs of
having my program carries on other networks.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California