RadioBanter

-   -   Minimum equiptment requirements to do digipan (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/136880-minimum-equiptment-requirements-do-digipan.html)

[email protected] September 21st 08 09:52 PM

Minimum equiptment requirements to do digipan

Can some one tell me the BASIC equiptment requirements to do
digipan?? I have a laptop. Do I need an antena on the roof or can a
hand held work?? And then what about connecting cords and such??

Thanks.

Dave[_18_] September 21st 08 11:05 PM

wrote:
Can some one tell me the BASIC equiptment requirements to do
digipan?? I have a laptop. Do I need an antena on the roof or can a
hand held work?? And then what about connecting cords and such??

Thanks.

I'm pretty sure you need an SDR radio.

Billy Burpelson[_2_] September 22nd 08 02:13 AM

wrote:
Can some one tell me the BASIC equiptment requirements to do
digipan?? I have a laptop. Do I need an antena on the roof or can a
hand held work?? And then what about connecting cords and such??

Thanks.

Well, if you mean the Digipan software to copy HF ham PSK31, there is
lots of info on the web. However, here is a -very- brief tutorial:

Load the Digipan software on your computer.

Connect the line output (audio output) of your HF shortwave receiver to
the "line in" of the sound card installed on the computer with the
Digipan software.

Start the program.

Tune in a PSK31 signal on the receiver.

That's all there is to it. It's really quite easy, but you will want to
look up a

Not sure what you mean by an "antenna on the roof vs a handheld". Hand
held what? Do you have a hand held HF receiver?

In any event, an outside antenna is always better.

Billy Burpelson[_2_] September 22nd 08 02:22 AM

Minimum equiptment requirements to do digipan

This is a re-send. First try was damaged by marginal wi-fi service at
vacation site.

wrote:
Can some one tell me the BASIC equiptment requirements to do
digipan?? I have a laptop. Do I need an antena on the roof or can a
hand held work?? And then what about connecting cords and such??

Thanks.

Well, if you mean the Digipan software to copy HF ham PSK31, there is
lots of info on the web about it. However, here is a -very- brief tutorial:

Load the Digipan software on your computer.

Connect the line output (audio output) of your HF shortwave receiver to
the "line in" of the sound card installed on the computer with the
Digipan software. You MUST have a sound card for Digipan to function.
The same sound card (but different free software) will also work with
RTTY, slow scan TV and several other modes.

Start the program.

Tune in a PSK31 signal on the receiver.

That's all there is to it. It's really quite easy, but you will want to
look up a bit more info on the web.