RadioBanter

-   -   C. Crane (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/136923-c-crane.html)

J. B. Wood September 23rd 08 11:54 AM

C. Crane

Hello, all. Does anyone have experience with SW radios offered by the
subject company? How do their radios compare in performance to other
brands such as Grundig? Or does C. Crane just affix their label to a
third-party product? Thanks for your time and comment. (I first heard
about C. Crane on that syndicated late-night radio program "Coast-to-Coast
AM".) Sincerely,

John Wood (Code 5550) e-mail:
Naval Research Laboratory
4555 Overlook Avenue, SW
Washington, DC 20375-5337

poppa42 September 23rd 08 02:10 PM

C. Crane

I would go to their site and read the customer testimonials. I have only had
experience with the CCRADIO SW and it is a great radio with outstanding
AM/MW reception. I will run on AC, AA & D batteries.. Battery life is
good...

Zudder September 24th 08 09:38 PM

C. Crane

Testimonials from their site, pure promotion.
I purchaed using recommendations from this newsgroup and found some to be
way off base. Dx Ace, RHF, John Plimmer and a few others will give you an
honest opinion if they are familiar with the radio. Hopefully you can make
an informed decision based on, usually, hands on experience.

"Bob Dobbs" wrote in message
poppa42 wrote:
I would go to their site and read the customer testimonials.

Testimonials might make for interesting reading
but are little more than a sales gimmick.

--

Operator Bob
Echo Charlie 42