RadioBanter

-   -   Radio St. Helena Day! (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/138603-radio-st-helena-day.html)

dxAce November 15th 08 08:01 PM

dxhunter November 15th 08 08:10 PM

dxAce November 15th 08 08:16 PM

2000, "Over The Ocean Waves".....

11092.5 USB

Great Signal!

Enjoy!

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Very weak audio here in Scotland!!

Supposedly to Japan right now. One thing that I noticed in the past was that the
"new" directional beam has some very strange lobes.

'Armchair' copy here at the moment, 2015. Listening with the Drake R7, 3 kHz
filter, AGC off, 200' wire aimed right down their throats!

[email protected] November 15th 08 08:17 PM

Radio St. Helena Day!

On Nov 15, 10:01*pm, dxAce wrote:
2000, "Over The Ocean Waves".....

11092.5 USB

Great Signal!

Enjoy!

dxAce
Michigan
USA

2000z time pips clear then signature tune
2002z welcoming speech starts with fair reception
2003z - they must have swung the beam as reception becomes very weak
and unreadable.

Sadly their schedule doesn't beam South to me = pity

South 33 d 47 m 32 s, East 20 d 07 m 32 s
Icom IC-7700, Icom IC-756 PRO III with MW mods
ERGO software
Drake SW8. Sangean 803A
Sony 7600D, GE SRIII, Redsun RP2100
Antenna's RF Systems DX 1 Pro Mk II, Datong AD-270
Kiwa MW Loop.
http://www.dxing.info/about/dxers/plimmer.dx

dxhunter November 15th 08 08:22 PM

Radio St. Helena Day!

On 15 nov, 20:17, wrote:
On Nov 15, 10:01*pm, dxAce wrote: 2000, "Over The Ocean Waves".....

11092.5 USB

Great Signal!

Enjoy!

dxAce
Michigan
USA

2000z time pips clear then signature tune
2002z welcoming speech starts with fair reception
2003z - they must have swung the beam as reception becomes very weak
and unreadable.

Sadly their schedule doesn't beam South to me = pity

South 33 d 47 m 32 s, East 20 d 07 m 32 s
Icom IC-7700, Icom IC-756 PRO III with MW mods
ERGO software
Drake SW8. Sangean 803A
Sony 7600D, GE SRIII, Redsun RP2100
Antenna's RF Systems DX 1 Pro Mk II, Datong AD-270
Kiwa MW Loop.http://www.dxing.info/about/dxers/plimmer.dx

Still at the moment not audible. Can hear that a OM is talking but
thats it.

Listening here in Scotland with the R&S ek895, 2.7 kc filter and a
Slooper 18 meters long.

gtrz,

Hans

Drifter November 15th 08 08:23 PM

Radio St. Helena Day!

dxhunter wrote:
On 15 nov, 20:01, dxAce wrote:
2000, "Over The Ocean Waves".....

11092.5 USB

Great Signal!

Enjoy!

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Very weak audio here in Scotland!!

grtz,

Hans

20:15u, lots of local rain static. @ 20:16u sounds a bit
like a pan flute. just got an ID- RSH, "Around the world".
i'm 35 miles east of Pittsburgh, PA. about an S 2 here,
with static crashes. waiting for 22:30u to N.A.

going to the 7030 and the Wellbrook loops. hope the weather
clears up fast. this is what makes it exciting/ what it's
all about.

good luck guys.

GOOD DX!
Drifter...

dxhunter November 15th 08 08:26 PM

Radio St. Helena Day!

On 15 nov, 20:22, dxhunter wrote:
On 15 nov, 20:17, wrote:

[...]

It's audible now but not good readable. Can hear voices and music.
Signal strength increasing!

grtz,

Hans

[email protected] November 15th 08 08:28 PM

Radio St. Helena Day!

On Nov 15, 2:23*pm, Drifter wrote:
dxhunter wrote:
On 15 nov, 20:01, dxAce wrote:
2000, "Over The Ocean Waves".....

11092.5 USB

Great Signal!

Enjoy!

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Very weak audio here in Scotland!!

grtz,

Hans

20:15u, lots of local rain static. @ 20:16u sounds a bit
like a pan flute. just got an ID- RSH, "Around the world".
i'm 35 miles east of Pittsburgh, PA. about an S 2 here,
with static crashes. waiting for 22:30u to N.A.

going to the 7030 and the Wellbrook loops. hope the weather
clears up fast. this is what makes it exciting/ what it's
all about.

good luck guys.

GOOD DX!
Drifter...

Fair copy into Oklahoma until 2020 when it faded out, I can still
barely hear it, hopefully will come back up soon...

Chris
R75
drooopy Inverted L @ 35ft

dxAce November 15th 08 08:30 PM

Radio St. Helena Day!

dxhunter wrote:
On 15 nov, 20:01, dxAce wrote:
[...]

Yep, took a dive just after I reported 'armchair' copy at 2015 '-(

I'm running a tape here. Was absolutely awesome here when they fired up at 1929
to test.

dxhunter November 15th 08 08:33 PM

Radio St. Helena Day!

On 15 nov, 20:17, wrote:

[...]

It's now much better good copy here! But still noisy!

grtz,

Hans