RadioBanter

-   -   Quick 19 Metre {Meter} Shortwave Band Scan @ 21:45 UTC (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/138963-re-quick-19-metre-%7Bmeter%7D-shortwave-band-scan-%40-21-45-utc.html)

Mark Zenier November 28th 08 05:59 PM

Quick 19 Metre {Meter} Shortwave Band Scan @ 21:45 UTC

In article ,
RHF wrote:
Quick 19 Metre {Meter} Shortwave Band Scan @ 21:45 UTC

15,715~15,725 = White Noise : DRM ?

Radio New Zealand International. They use the same freqency for DRM
and AM for different parts of the day on their 15 and 13 MHz frequencies.

Mark Zenier

Telamon November 29th 08 08:35 PM

Quick 19 Metre {Meter} Shortwave Band Scan @ 21:45 UTC

In article ,
(Mark Zenier) wrote:

In article ,
RHF wrote:
Quick 19 Metre {Meter} Shortwave Band Scan @ 21:45 UTC

15,715~15,725 = White Noise : DRM ?

Radio New Zealand International. They use the same freqency for DRM
and AM for different parts of the day on their 15 and 13 MHz frequencies.

Mark Zenier

The fact that New Zealand is using DRM means I can now only get them
about half the hours I used to be able to listen them. They now switch
between two frequencies for the two modes where one propagates well to
me and the other doesn't so half the time now I get a well propagated
DRM signal that does me no good.

If anyone is interested in DRM this is the station to listen to as they
swap frequencies between the modes a good part of the day.

Does anyone care to post about their experiences receiving this station
in the two different modes analog and DRM?

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

RHF November 30th 08 03:21 AM

DRM] : RNZI Shortwave Radio Broadcast Frequencies and Times bothAnalog and DRM

On Nov 28, 9:59*am, (Mark Zenier) wrote:
In article ,

RHF wrote:
Quick 19 Metre {Meter} Shortwave Band Scan @ 21:45 UTC
15,715~15,725 = White Noise : DRM ?

Radio New Zealand International. *They use the same freqency for DRM
and AM for different parts of the day on their 15 and 13 MHz frequencies.

Mark Zenier *

MZ,

Yeah that is true RNZI is on the Air in both Analog
and DRM at the same Time.

RNZI Shortwave Radio Broadcast Frequencies and Times
both Analog and DRM.
http://www.rnzi.com/pages/listen.php#sw

The DRM Signal covers anywhere from 15~25 kHz
of Bandwidth with Digital [Black] Noise.
http://www.radio.org.pl/~sp2mkt/TS570/DRM/shape.jpg

But that said a DRM Signal within the 1200~1800 Mile
Zone of the Digital Signal's Pacific Ocean Service Area
and out to 2400 Miles can provide a much better Radio
Signal for those nearby 'intended' RZNI Listeners that
have DRM Receivers {PC-Radios}.
http://www.nzetc.org/etexts/WH2Navy/WH2Nav23a(h280).jpg