RadioBanter

-   -   SW Question........ (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/139447-re-sw-question.html)

BCBlazysusan December 17th 08 06:20 AM

SW Question........

On Dec 16, 4:28*pm, "Frank Dresser"
wrote:
Standby shouldn't harm a solid state radio a bit. *If your radio has
incandesant bulbs which stay powered up on standby then they will contuine
to use up some of their thousands of hours of life on standby.

There you go. That is what I was curious about.

I don't like leaving electronic equipment powered up unattended, even on
standby, for long periods if it's not necessary.

Frank, just so we're clear. The receiver wouldn't actually be
unattended, I'd be sitting right next to it. There's just times I
don't want to hear any volume at that moment ie; phone call /
listening to something on youtube or posting something.
Thanks Frank!