RadioBanter

-   -   Hey Ace...... (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/139475-hey-ace.html)

BCBlazysusan December 18th 08 11:36 AM

Hey Ace......

I have read of your exploits on qsl cards from shortwave radio. Did
you ever start collecting from the BCB? If you did what radio/radios
or antenna were you using if you can remember. I remember you saying
before you had one of those Super radios. Isn't the Drake with your
wires off the ground better than the GE for AM? Do you have a loop
just for the BCB?
OK, I'm done. :-)

dxAce December 18th 08 11:40 AM

Hey Ace......

BCBlazysusan wrote:

I have read of your exploits on qsl cards from shortwave radio. Did
you ever start collecting from the BCB?

One can probably count my BCB QSL's on one or two hands.

If you did what radio/radios
or antenna were you using if you can remember.

Hard to say, most likely a Knight-Kit Star Roamer, HQ-100, or one of the Drakes.
Hunk of wire.

I remember you saying
before you had one of those Super radios.

Yes, currently have a SR I and II. Sold off the III.

Isn't the Drake with your
wires off the ground better than the GE for AM?

Sometimes yes, sometimes no.

Do you have a loop
just for the BCB?

No. Though at one time I did have a box loop for MW.

OK, I'm done. :-)