RadioBanter

-   -   Correction to VoV 6165 Logging on DXpedition (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/139865-correction-vov-6165-logging-dxpedition.html)

[email protected] January 3rd 09 05:11 AM

Correction to VoV 6165 Logging on DXpedition

Glenn Hauser pointed out a likely error on my 6165 Voice of Vietnam
logging, after reading my recent DXped. logs (which I also posted to
HCDX which he reads). He noted that VoV isn't listed for English at
the time I heard them, and also it was around noon in Vietnam when I
reported hearing them...an unlikely time for 6165 to be propagating to
North America.

Glenn suspected I had listed my time incorrectly, or was actually
tuned to 6175 instead. The time of the log was correct because it's
the only shortwave station I listened to during my local evening on
the 29th UTC. Unfortunately I didn't have the Perseus receiver
recording the band at that time, so I can't replay it and check 6165
vs. 6175.

However, I feel it's highly likely I was listening to Sackville on
6175, but glanced at 6165 in my references and thought I was hearing
Vietnam direct. I should have noted the inconsistency in the language
and listed broadcast time though.

Sorry for the erroneous logging.

73,

Guy