RadioBanter

-   -   why autopatches,ham radio, and CB radios are still good (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/139903-re-why-autopatches-ham-radio-cb-radios-still-good.html)

Dave[_18_] January 5th 09 01:08 AM

why autopatches,ham radio, and CB radios are still good

radioguy wrote:

When shopping for a new cell phne, I looked at the coverage maps of
the phones, both the old analog and the new digital GSM phones.
In both cases, there was veither very sparse coverage in the
mountains, and out in the west period, whether flatland or mountains,
or no coverage
at all in the mountains or out west period whether flatland or in the
mountains.

The Interstates are covered everywhere I've been except between El Paso
and Junction on I-10; and between Gallup and Holbrook on I-40.

Most of the places out West that aren't covered apparently have no people.

Tony VE6MVP January 7th 09 08:34 AM

On Mon, 05 Jan 2009 01:08:29 +0000, Dave wrote:

Most of the places out West that aren't covered apparently have no people.

Tell that to the people who live there. smile Sparsely populated,
now that I'd agree with.

Tony