RadioBanter

-   -   (OT) WiFi Antenna. (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/141877-ot-wifi-antenna.html)

[email protected] March 19th 09 12:08 AM

(OT) WiFi Antenna.

This morning I plugged in my phone and I phoned that toll free number 1
800 647 1800 at www.MFJEnterprises.com

Today makes exactly three weeks since I ordered my MFJ Wide Angle High
Gain Antenna.The lady on the phone said I can expect my Antenna to show
up here in about a week to ten days.

Oh well, I am not in a hurry anyway.I don't know what I will do with the
Antenna when it does get here.
cuhulin

[email protected] March 19th 09 12:58 AM

(OT) WiFi Antenna.

Cancel the order and go he http://www.radiolabs.com/products/wi...ireless-2.html

user[_3_] March 19th 09 07:59 AM

(OT) WiFi Antenna.

wrote:

Oh well, I am not in a hurry anyway.I don't know what I will do with the
Antenna when it does get here.

You've been waiting 3 weeks in that free market of us, and that's hell of a
long time. You'd better not had a free will to order it ... ;-)

700+ Radio Stations on SW
http://swstations.tk/
Shortwave transmissions in English, Francais, Nederlands, Deutsch,
Suid-Afrikaans, Chinese, Dansk, Urdu, Cantonese, Greek, Spanish,
Portuguese, ...
http://radiolanguages.tk Updated every month or so ....

dave March 19th 09 01:21 PM

(OT) WiFi Antenna.

wrote:
This morning I plugged in my phone and I phoned that toll free number 1
800 647 1800 at
www.MFJEnterprises.com

Today makes exactly three weeks since I ordered my MFJ Wide Angle High
Gain Antenna.The lady on the phone said I can expect my Antenna to show
up here in about a week to ten days.

Oh well, I am not in a hurry anyway.I don't know what I will do with the
Antenna when it does get here.
cuhulin

Why would you buy a WiFi antenna from MFJ? It's one of the few things
they sell that they don't manufacture.

http://www.dxzone.com/catalog/Antennas/WiFi/

[email protected] March 19th 09 06:02 PM

(OT) WiFi Antenna.

I much prefer to spend my money here in Mississippi whenever I can, for
thingys I buy.I will not cancel my MFJ WiFi Antenna order.Heh,
yesterday, from www.si87.com (in Bozeman,Montana,,, I lived in
Bozeman,Montana for about six or seven months in 1956.The guy on the
phone at si87.com said he was born in Jackson,Michigan) I ordered an
adapter thingy for my computer monitor.I love Montana, but it gets a
little too coolish in the Winter time in Montana to suit this auld
Southern boy.
cuhulin

Geary Morton March 20th 09 04:05 AM

(OT) WiFi Antenna.

In article ,
wrote:

I much prefer to spend my money here in Mississippi whenever I can, for
thingys I buy.I will not cancel my MFJ WiFi Antenna order.

I ordered one of those MFJ antennas last week and got it in 4 days! The
problem now is getting the right cable to adapt it to my wireless hub.
Antenna has an N connecter, hub has one of those tiny coax connectors.

[email protected] March 20th 09 04:55 AM

(OT) WiFi Antenna.

Phone MFJs toll free number.Maybe they can fix you up with the proper
cable or connector, whatever.
cuhulin

[email protected] March 20th 09 01:37 PM

(OT) WiFi Antenna.

On Mar 19, 11:05*pm, Geary Morton wrote:

I ordered one of those MFJ antennas last week and got it in 4 days! *The
problem now is getting the right cable to adapt it to my wireless hub. *
Antenna has an N connecter, hub has one of those tiny coax connectors.

http://www.radiolabs.com/products/wi...ireless-2.html

What are you guys doing with those antennas?

dave March 21st 09 11:58 AM

(OT) WiFi Antenna.

Telamon wrote:
In article ,

I suggest a $10 Pringles Can Antenna.

http://g4tv.com/screensavers/feature...i-Antenna.html

Good luck with that.

I stand corrected. The $10 beef stew can antenna is much better.

http://www.turnpoint.net/wireless/cantennahowto.html

dave March 21st 09 12:12 PM

(OT) WiFi Antenna.

Brenda Ann wrote:
"dave" wrote in message
Telamon wrote:
In article ,
Geary Morton wrote:

What are you guys doing with those antennas?
I use it to shoot my network signal over to my neighbor's house. We
split the DSL bill. Signal is 'okay' with a Dr. Bott antenna, but this
should do even better. I've also seen homemade directional WiFi
antennas using a tin can, but I'm lazy!
A corner reflector / Yagi type would be a good distance antenna. Very
directional with good gain depending on the number of elements with a
simple match to a driver dipole element. Most just use a one element
reflector so you lose off the back end.

I suggest a $10 Pringles Can Antenna.

http://g4tv.com/screensavers/feature...i-Antenna.html

I've read that Pringles cans were recently changed and will no longer
perform well for WiFi antennas..

There's some confusion, to be sure. I think you're supposed to use the
short Pringles can, not the full size one.