Old April 7th 09, 02:00 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default U. S. Senate Minority Report: More Than 650 International Scientists Dissent Over Man-Made Global Warming Claims

In article ,
dave wrote:

Telamon wrote:

Oh sure thing nice try yourself. If you want to go swallow the elitist
crap don't expect other people to follow.

You use the word "elite" like its a bad thing.

Contextually it is a bad thing.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old April 8th 09, 01:35 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Brenda Ann wrote:
"John Barnard" wrote in message
On Mar 7, 7:56 pm, ka6uup wrote:
http://epw.senate.gov/public/index.c...ity.Blogs&Cont...
A tiny minority. The vast majority of climate-competent scientists
agree global warming is man-made and is a serious emergency. Sure
there are crooked oil-industry scientists just like there were crooked
tobacco industry scientists. There's a lot of oil money for lying to
the public by denying the fact of human-caused global warming.

At any rate, it's almost beyond question that humans are causing it.

http://www.reuters.com/article/envir...5332BU20090404

Anyone who thinks that 6 billion people can't have an effect on this
planet need to learn how to think!

Every industry tends to play up the good and play down the bad. You'd be
surprised at how often that really happens.

Part of the problem is that humans, as a species, tend to egocentricity.
Anything else is based upon what we as individuals find appealing. We really
have trouble with the concept of there being 6 billion others that all add
up to cause global change. If population continues to grow at the rate it
has for the past 50 years (it's doubled in that time), there will likely be
a vast increase in pollution levels (both air and water) and a severe
shortage of food to feed everyone. The planet has only so many resources,
and unless we have developed FTL space travel, once those are gone, so are
we..

Most people have problems comprehending the really large numbers. We use
A.U. to represent 150 million km (93 million miles) and the mole in
chemistry to deal with a large number of particles (6.022x10^23). The
thought of 6 billion people is incomprehensible to most of us.

I have no doubt that there will be wars over clean water, arable land
and other resources.

JB

Old April 8th 09, 01:53 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Telamon wrote:

On Mar 7, 7:56 pm, ka6uup wrote:
[...]

Egocentric yes. The world is a big place and we are nowhere near having
to many people. Education and culture are the key to managing
population. The third world nations have the population boom. Once
their standard of living is higher having big families to survive will
become a thing of the past as it has in all the advanced nations. The
world population will then stabilize.

What makes you think that any country which has a high level of pressure
on its current cropland land will have the time to have such an increase
in the standard living to come into existence before having to decide
which elements of its population survives or dies? There have been
enough examples of the effects of catastrophic droughts on countries.
One failed crop harvest is all it takes.

The problem is the liberal elite that want to make this an issue. Keep
swallowing the liberal line and where that gets you is limits on the
number of kids you can have, limits on what you can own, limits on your
use of transportation, on energy use of any type, but not for them of
course, as the "elite" that make these decisions in your life will not
be subject to these limitations.

Only gluttons fear limits. Which, in your case, doesn't surprise me!

JB

Old April 8th 09, 01:57 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Bob Dobbs wrote:
Telamon wrote:
Anyone who thinks that 6 billion people can't have an effect on this
planet need to learn how to think!

Anyone that thinks people are the biggest influence on climate must have
had a lousy education.

No one said people are the biggest influence,
even though nothing even comes close second.
You act as if you had no education at all.

Every industry tends to play up the good and play down the bad. You'd be
surprised at how often that really happens.

Industry is not the other side of the argument

What do you think is the 'other side of the argument'?

but nice try anyway.

But you didn't even try.
Are you so challenged that your only option is to toss empty criticisms?

That's been Telemundoh's problem all along. He is quite the sophist but
he does have severe problems trying to formulate anything of substance.
He engages in pseudoscience and tries to pass it off as science.

JB

Old April 8th 09, 02:20 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article ,
John Barnard wrote:

Telamon wrote:

On Mar 7, 7:56 pm, ka6uup wrote:
[...]

China would be the best example.

The problem is the liberal elite that want to make this an issue. Keep
swallowing the liberal line and where that gets you is limits on the
number of kids you can have, limits on what you can own, limits on your
use of transportation, on energy use of any type, but not for them of
course, as the "elite" that make these decisions in your life will not
be subject to these limitations.

Only gluttons fear limits. Which, in your case, doesn't surprise me!

Only idiots like yourself continually project their fears and weaknesses
upon other like you just did. When are you going to learn that a subject
like "gluttony" that you just brought up comes from you as a unprovoked
attack. If I was talking about hoarding food or eating all the time then
you would be making commentary about it as a subject already under
discussion. Since you brought this up out the blue this means it is an
internal issue with you not me. Sort of the way a shrink uses ink blots
to get you to talk about internal things that are an issue with you.
That make any sense to you?

And "limits" is not a "fear" but something I clearly don't want foisted
upon myself and others by clueless liberal retards that would not know
what worked if their life depended on it.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

Old April 11th 09, 06:19 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Telamon wrote:
In article ,
John Barnard wrote:

Telamon wrote:

On Mar 7, 7:56 pm, ka6uup wrote:
[...]

Chinas hasn't had a catastrophic crop failure in decades and the
standard of living in China's rural areas (where the bulk of the
population still resides to the tune of 55% - 60%) is dismal compared to
the larger cities. China instituted population control well in advance
of its recent prosperity so that negates any sort of wealth-population
control. Couple that with sex-selective abortions which has created an
immense gender-imbalance which helps to slow population growth and the
wealth-population issue less important to the other considerations. In
the case of India and China it's far too late for wealth-population to
have any real effect. If those 2 countries suffer simultaneous
catastrophic crop losses they'll walk all over their smaller neighbours
for food.

The problem is the liberal elite that want to make this an issue. Keep
swallowing the liberal line and where that gets you is limits on the
number of kids you can have, limits on what you can own, limits on your
use of transportation, on energy use of any type, but not for them of
course, as the "elite" that make these decisions in your life will not
be subject to these limitations.

Only gluttons fear limits. Which, in your case, doesn't surprise me!

Only idiots like yourself continually project their fears and weaknesses
upon other like you just did. When are you going to learn that a subject
like "gluttony" that you just brought up comes from you as a unprovoked
attack.

Play up the victim image, Kim-il Telemundoh!

If I was talking about hoarding food or eating all the time then
you would be making commentary about it as a subject already under
discussion.

You need to grab a dictionary or thesaurus as see that "gluttony" refers
to more that food. But such a thing is well beyond capacity to
comprehend. But thank you for showing us that you a glutton for punishment.

Since you brought this up out the blue this means it is an
internal issue with you not me. Sort of the way a shrink uses ink blots
to get you to talk about internal things that are an issue with you.
That make any sense to you?

It figures that you would refer to an useless test but you do seem to
have good familiarity with it.

Old April 11th 09, 07:00 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article ,
John Barnard wrote:

Telamon wrote:
In article ,
John Barnard wrote:

Telamon wrote:

On Mar 7, 7:56 pm, ka6uup wrote:
http://epw.senate.gov/public/index.c...ity.Blogs&Cont.
..
[...]

I'm not a victim you twit.

If I was talking about hoarding food or eating all the time then
you would be making commentary about it as a subject already under
discussion.

You need to grab a dictionary or thesaurus as see that "gluttony" refers
to more that food. But such a thing is well beyond capacity to
comprehend. But thank you for showing us that you a glutton for punishment.

You are just confusing my ability to understand with your pathetic
communication skills.

Since you brought this up out the blue this means it is an
internal issue with you not me. Sort of the way a shrink uses ink blots
to get you to talk about internal things that are an issue with you.
That make any sense to you?

It figures that you would refer to an useless test but you do seem to
have good familiarity with it.

No, what figures is your inability to understand or comprehend. My
mistake is attempting to explain something to a person incapable of
understanding.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old April 14th 09, 02:49 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Telamon wrote:
In article ,
John Barnard wrote:

Telamon wrote:
In article ,
John Barnard wrote:

Telamon wrote:

On Mar 7, 7:56 pm, ka6uup wrote:
[...]

Like your ability to read "racism" from "inbreeding" even when there is
no obvious connection?