RadioBanter

-   -   International SWL Registry (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/145952-international-swl-registry.html)

Registrar August 13th 09 10:11 AM

International SWL Registry

website unavailable

Mike S. August 13th 09 02:21 PM

International SWL Registry

In article ,
Registrar wrote:

Online Directory for Shortwave Radio Listeners anywhere in the world
will list your new SWL Designator, Your Name, Your Location, Your
Website URL and your Email Address (optional). [ *'International
SWL-Registry' (http://www.SWL-Registry.com)* ]

Hadn't this kind of stuff already faded away in the 1980's?

dave August 13th 09 02:30 PM

Registrar wrote:
Online Directory for Shortwave Radio Listeners anywhere in the world
will list your new SWL Designator, Your Name, Your Location, Your
Website URL and your Email Address (optional). [ *'International
SWL-Registry' (http://www.SWL-Registry.com)* ]

Veeeery interesting...

CountFloyd August 13th 09 03:22 PM

International SWL Registry

On Thu, 13 Aug 2009 13:21:57 +0000, Mike S. wrote:

In article , Registrar
wrote:

Online Directory for Shortwave Radio Listeners anywhere in the world
will list your new SWL Designator, Your Name, Your Location, Your
Website URL and your Email Address (optional). [ *'International
SWL-Registry' (http://www.SWL-Registry.com)* ]

Hadn't this kind of stuff already faded away in the 1980's?

Earlier than that with Electornics Illustrated shortwave club call
letters. I used to have one of those. Who was the guy who penned the
SWL column and gave out the call-signs, Tom _____? I know it wasn't
"Uncle" Tom McCahill!

--
"What do you mean there's no movie?"

CountFloyd August 13th 09 05:38 PM

International SWL Registry

On Thu, 13 Aug 2009 08:23:38 -0700, Bob Dobbs wrote:

That is the guy! I heard that he passed away awhile back. I read his
columns in every issue. That was when I was in JR/SR High in the '60's.
I used to have one of his SWL Certificates, wish I could find it, along
with my old collection of QSL cards! That was in the days when the only
radio I had was one that my mother got at Sears, a Hallicrafter's S-120,
a real doorstop, but I didn't know that at the time!

"What do you mean there's no movie?"