RadioBanter

-   -   It is better to give than to receive. (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/146244-better-give-than-receive.html)

AC Ratone August 26th 09 11:52 PM

It is better to give than to receive.

However, you will get better reception if you give your neighbors a
case of shiny new incandescent bulbs before it is too late.

NX211 August 27th 09 03:38 PM

It is better to give than to receive.

On Aug 26, 11:51*pm, "Antti J. Ylikoski"
wrote:
Brenda Ann kirjoitti:

"Bushcraftgregg" wrote in message
On Aug 26, 6:52 pm, AC Ratone wrote:
However, you will get better reception if you give your neighbors a
case of shiny new incandescent bulbs before it is too late.

troll.

There is actually something to what he said. CFL's, even the newer, quieter
ones, put out RFI. Incandescents do not.

That being said, there will come a time when the change must be made for the
sake of the ecology (and, if not the ecology, then your power bill!).

As soon as the new LED TV's come down in price (doggone are those things
NICE!), I will be replacing our PDP sets with them, and save about 60% on
the cost of watching TV...

I have a lamp on my desk which contains a power LED, some 3 W, 235V.

It gives less light than an incancescent bulb.... More research and
development is needed. *But it doesn't seem to emit RFI.

regards, Antti J. Ylikoski
Helsinki, Finland, the EU

I plan on burning the hot, inefficient, power hungry incandescent
bulbs the rest of my life.

[email protected] August 27th 09 06:47 PM

It is better to give than to receive.

I wants me a BIG LED tv, wall to wall and ten feet tall.
cuhulin

dave August 27th 09 11:15 PM

NX211 wrote:

I plan on burning the hot, inefficient, power hungry incandescent
bulbs the rest of my life.

May I ask why?

[email protected] August 28th 09 12:09 AM

It is better to give than to receive.

Me too.Incandescant G.E.Reveal Light Bulbs, 60 Watters.Why? Because I
do, tHat's Why.
cuhulin

[email protected] August 28th 09 12:51 AM

It is better to give than to receive.

Military Retirees - NOW HEAR THIS!!!
www.freerepublic.com/focus/t-news/2326126/posts
cuhulin

N9NEO[_2_] August 28th 09 03:11 AM

It is better to give than to receive.

Every week when I go to the lumber store I buy two packages of
incandescent bulbs. I do not like the new designs which are noisy and
contain who knows what materials inside. I've heard there is MERCURY
inside them. That's totally obscene. We need to keep the Mercury in
the children's vaccines where it belongs. In the wintertime I don't
think incandescent bulbs are really inefficient as we are heating the
house up anyway.

[email protected] August 28th 09 03:55 AM

It is better to give than to receive.

Y'all ran JD off, y'all ran Les Locklear off, y'all ran Brian Hill off,
y'all ran Telamon off, y'all ran Michael Bryant Off, y'all ran Burr
off,,,,,, Who y'all going to run off next?
cuhulin

NX211 August 28th 09 05:19 AM

On Aug 27, 6:15*pm, dave wrote:
NX211 wrote:

I plan on burning the hot, inefficient, power hungry incandescent
bulbs the rest of my life.

May I ask why?

Because there's no reason to stop. Every time I go to Walmart I
pick up a few more packages. I will burn them for as long as I can
and you should too.

n9zas August 28th 09 06:08 AM

What does any of this crap have to with shortwave radio??? That's what THIS forum is about,so stay on topic!!!
N9ZAS