RadioBanter

-   -   Lowe HF-150 (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/147582-lowe-hf-150-a.html)

Nick ///// October 29th 09 10:28 AM

Lowe HF-150

Any of you guys still use the Lowe HF-150 receiver and do you use the IF-150
serial communications interface to control it.

Simple reason I'm asking is I'm trying to judge if it is worth while making
a program I have just written available to a wider audience.

dave October 29th 09 12:21 PM

Lowe HF-150

Nick ///// wrote:
Any of you guys still use the Lowe HF-150 receiver and do you use the
IF-150
serial communications interface to control it.

Simple reason I'm asking is I'm trying to judge if it is worth while making
a program I have just written available to a wider audience.

I have the equipment. I have the original software, on the original
FLOPPY DISK! I'd be interested. Here's the world I'm in:

http://www.w1hkj.com/xmlarchives.html

dave October 29th 09 12:22 PM

Lowe HF-150

http://www.w1hkj.com/

D. Peter Maus October 29th 09 06:01 PM

Lowe HF-150

Nick ///// wrote:
Any of you guys still use the Lowe HF-150 receiver and do you use the
IF-150
serial communications interface to control it.

Simple reason I'm asking is I'm trying to judge if it is worth while
making
a program I have just written available to a wider audience.

I still use my HF-150. Though not with the IF-150 interface.

Helluva radio.

Gregg October 30th 09 04:49 AM

Lowe HF-150

On Oct 29, 7:22*am, dave wrote:
Nick ///// wrote:
Any of you guys still use the Lowe HF-150 receiver and do you use the
IF-150
serial communications interface to control it.

Simple reason I'm asking is I'm trying to judge if it is worth while making
a program I have just written available to a wider audience.

http://www.w1hkj.com/

What receiver are you using Dave? I forgot.

Gregg October 30th 09 04:50 AM

Lowe HF-150

On Oct 29, 1:01*pm, "D. Peter Maus"
wrote:
* Nick ///// wrote:

Any of you guys still use the Lowe HF-150 receiver and do you use the
IF-150
serial communications interface to control it.
Simple reason I'm asking is I'm trying to judge if it is worth while
making
a program I have just written available to a wider audience.

* *I still use my HF-150. Though not with the IF-150 interface.

* *Helluva radio.

Ah. Is that what he's using?

dave October 30th 09 12:30 PM

Lowe HF-150

Gregg wrote:
On Oct 29, 7:22 am, dave wrote:
Nick ///// wrote:
Any of you guys still use the Lowe HF-150 receiver and do you use the
IF-150
serial communications interface to control it.
Simple reason I'm asking is I'm trying to judge if it is worth while making
a program I have just written available to a wider audience.

http://www.w1hkj.com/

What receiver are you using Dave? I forgot.

I have 2 main receivers: an ICOM R75 (usually parked on 10.140 USB); and
my Ten-Tec 516 Argonaut V no-code amateur radio.

Gregg October 30th 09 07:33 PM

Lowe HF-150

On Oct 30, 7:30*am, dave wrote:
Gregg wrote:
On Oct 29, 7:22 am, dave wrote:
Nick ///// wrote:
Any of you guys still use the Lowe HF-150 receiver and do you use the
IF-150
serial communications interface to control it.
Simple reason I'm asking is I'm trying to judge if it is worth while making
a program I have just written available to a wider audience.
http://www.w1hkj.com/

What receiver are you using Dave? I forgot.

I have 2 main receivers: an ICOM R75 (usually parked on 10.140 USB); and
my Ten-Tec 516 Argonaut V no-code amateur radio.

That will work. Pretty nice receiver just to keep it
on the one freq. ;-)