RadioBanter

-   -   PPS File? (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/148471-pps-file.html)

dxAce December 6th 09 11:39 PM

PPS File?

I received a QSL from Xray Radio as a PPS file.

Anybody know what to do with a PPS file?

Can't figure out how to view it.

John Plimmer[_2_] December 6th 09 11:52 PM

PPS File?

On Dec 6, 11:39*pm, dxAce wrote:
I received a QSL from Xray Radio as a PPS file.

Anybody know what to do with a PPS file?

Can't figure out how to view it.

Hi Ace
Its a Microsoft PowerPoint Presentation file.
I don't know how you open it if you don't have that.
Perhaps take it on disk to a computer shop and ask them to print it
for you

JP

Brenda Ann[_2_] December 6th 09 11:52 PM

PPS File?

"dxAce" wrote in message
I received a QSL from Xray Radio as a PPS file.

Anybody know what to do with a PPS file?

Can't figure out how to view it.

It's a Microsoft Power Point Show file.

If you don't have Power Point, you can download a viewer he

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...a-19d2a8fd7485

dxAce December 6th 09 11:56 PM

PPS File?

John Plimmer wrote:

On Dec 6, 11:39 pm, dxAce wrote:
I received a QSL from Xray Radio as a PPS file.

Anybody know what to do with a PPS file?

Can't figure out how to view it.

Hi Ace
Its a Microsoft PowerPoint Presentation file.
I don't know how you open it if you don't have that.
Perhaps take it on disk to a computer shop and ask them to print it
for you

That's just what I'll do! Thanks, John.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Steve December 6th 09 11:59 PM

PPS File?

On Dec 6, 6:39*pm, dxAce wrote:
I received a QSL from Xray Radio as a PPS file.

Anybody know what to do with a PPS file?

Can't figure out how to view it.

I don't know if this will help, but here you go just in case...

http://www.fileextensionguru.com/pps

dxAce December 7th 09 12:03 AM

PPS File?

Brenda Ann wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message
I received a QSL from Xray Radio as a PPS file.

Anybody know what to do with a PPS file?

Can't figure out how to view it.

It's a Microsoft Power Point Show file.

If you don't have Power Point, you can download a viewer he

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...a-19d2a8fd7485

Ha! I'm on dial-up and it says that it'll take over an hour.

Think I'll just take it to Staples or wherever.

It's apparently not a QSL from Xray Radio but rather Radio Waves Int. that XR has been relaying
the past few days.

D. Peter Maus December 7th 09 12:15 AM

PPS File?

On 12/6/09 17:39 , dxAce wrote:
I received a QSL from Xray Radio as a PPS file.

Anybody know what to do with a PPS file?

Can't figure out how to view it.

It's a PowerPoint file. You can view it with the MS viewer, a
free dowload, or you can view it with OpenOffice, an Open Source
program from Sun. Also free.

OpenOffice.org

MojaveDxer December 7th 09 01:46 AM

PPS File?

On Dec 6, 4:15*pm, "D. Peter Maus"
wrote:
On 12/6/09 17:39 , dxAce wrote:

I received a QSL from Xray Radio as a PPS file.

Anybody know what to do with a PPS file?

Can't figure out how to view it.

* *It's a PowerPoint file. You can view it with the MS viewer, a
free dowload, or you can view it with OpenOffice, an Open Source
program from Sun. Also free.

* *OpenOffice.org

Email the attachment to a buddy that has power point installed and
have them save the qsl portion to jpeg and have them email the jpeg
back.

dave December 7th 09 01:07 PM

PPS File?

http://www.dslreports.com/comment/2911/69637