RadioBanter

-   -   SW rookie...GE shortwave radio 7-2990A info/manual needed (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/149124-sw-rookie-ge-shortwave-radio-7-2990a-info-manual-needed.html)

[email protected] October 4th 18 01:27 AM

SW rookie...GE shortwave radio 7-2990A info/manual needed

Any further info to help me find a replacement gear for my 7-2990a ?
Nylon or brass or ?
Any identification of specific gear from hobby shop...like a part # or application ?
Thanks, jim

Frank[_14_] October 4th 18 06:40 PM

SW rookie...GE shortwave radio 7-2990A info/manual needed

On Wed, 03 Oct 2018 17:27:30 -0700, baltusnik wrote:

+AD4 Any further info to help me find a replacement gear for my 7-2990a ?
+AD4 Nylon or brass or ?
+AD4 Any identification of specific gear from hobby shop...like a part +ACM or application ?
+AD4 Thanks, jim

McMaster Carr has a few standard plastic or brass gears listed on their website. Maybe something can be adapted?

There's alot of knowledgeable people at the antique radio forum:

http://antiqueradios.com/forums/view...4032ca097c7cd5

NC4RR January 11th 19 12:26 AM

GE 7-2990A bump

yes mine finally started worked great a few months ago hope will find more repair info. thought abought using molding dough making imprint and mixing epoxy into mold .

wgregt February 24th 20 04:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ernie (Post 728950)
I can fix that radio for you! I fixed mine. It takes some time and work BUT it can be done. Contact me!

Ernie

HEY! Still got that radio fix for the tuning issue?

-greg