RadioBanter

-   -   WWCR moves to 4775khz as of 2/3/2010 (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/149563-wwcr-moves-4775khz-2-3-2010-a.html)

Shawn Patrick February 3rd 10 06:10 AM

WWCR moves to 4775khz as of 2/3/2010

Looks like WWCR is giving up on 5070khz and has moved up the dial.
Reception is great on 4775khz with no interference.

I wonder if this is testing or if it going to be the norm.

Not sure, but older sw radios usually don't tune to 4775 do they?

bpnjensen February 3rd 10 03:53 PM

On Feb 2, 10:10*pm, Shawn Patrick wrote:
Looks like WWCR is giving up on 5070khz and has moved up the dial.
Reception is great on 4775khz with no interference.

I wonder if this is testing or if it going to be the norm.

Not sure, but older sw radios usually don't tune to 4775 do they?

Yeah, what a nightmare. It sounds like they're running a million
watts. Totally wrecks the tropical bands for 10 kHz both sides.
Idiots.

Bruce Jensen,
California

dxAce February 3rd 10 10:52 PM

Shawn Patrick wrote:

Looks like WWCR is giving up on 5070khz and has moved up the dial.

Down the dial, perhaps?

dxAce February 3rd 10 11:26 PM

Shawn Patrick wrote:

Looks like WWCR is giving up on 5070khz and has moved up the dial.
Reception is great on 4775khz with no interference.

Wonder when they switch, if not merely testing.

At 2325 they are still on 5070.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Shawn Patrick February 4th 10 01:47 AM

WWCR moves to 4775khz as of 2/3/2010

5070khz at 0146utc coming in... so-so

Some huxster trying to sell you their gold.

But isn't it funny how these people on shortwave keep claiming how
valuable gold is going to be, how worthless your money will be... But
yet will always be glad to take your money for their gold.

bpnjensen February 4th 10 02:42 AM

On Feb 3, 5:47*pm, Shawn Patrick wrote:
5070khz at 0146utc coming in... so-so

Some huxster trying to sell you their gold.

But isn't it funny how these people on shortwave keep claiming how
valuable gold is going to be, how worthless your money will be... But
yet will always be glad to take your money for their gold.

It's the conservative way ;-)

Shawn Patrick February 4th 10 03:02 AM

WWCR moves to 4775khz as of 2/3/2010

They switched to 4775 at 300utc 2/4/2010 with Alex Jones.

dxAce February 4th 10 10:23 AM

Shawn Patrick wrote:

They switched to 4775 at 300utc 2/4/2010 with Alex Jones.

I tuned in at 1015, not enjoyable listening with the CODAR swishing in the
background.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

dave February 4th 10 01:02 PM

http://www.wwcr.com/listen.html

dxAce February 4th 10 01:08 PM

dave wrote:

dxAce wrote:

Shawn Patrick wrote:

They switched to 4775 at 300utc 2/4/2010 with Alex Jones.

I tuned in at 1015, not enjoyable listening with the CODAR swishing in the
background.

dxAce
Michigan
USA