RadioBanter

-   -   (OT) Alexander Haig Dies (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/149857-ot-alexander-haig-dies.html)

dxAce February 20th 10 03:53 PM

(OT) Alexander Haig Dies

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/02/20/AR2010022001270.html

dxAce
Michigan
USA

[email protected] February 21st 10 05:22 AM

(OT) Alexander Haig Dies

On Feb 20, 10:53*am, dxAce wrote:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/02/20/AR201...

dxAce
Michigan
USA

If I am not mistaken , Haig went on TV the day Reagan was shot. And
he claimed that 'He is in charge' !!!

[email protected] February 21st 10 05:39 AM

(OT) Alexander Haig Dies

I remember him saying that.
cuhulin

D. Peter Maus February 21st 10 07:34 AM

(OT) Alexander Haig Dies

On 2/20/10 23:22 , wrote:
On Feb 20, 10:53 am, wrote:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/02/20/AR201...

dxAce
Michigan
USA

If I am not mistaken , Haig went on TV the day Reagan was shot. And
he claimed that 'He is in charge' !!!

He was in the White House press room the day of the shooting,
answering questions about what had happened, the President's
condition, etc...not really able to give much information.

Neither the Vice President, nor the Speaker were available to
answer questions. One reporter asked, 'Who's in charge, right now?'

And Haig answered, "I am."

dave February 21st 10 02:26 PM

(OT) Alexander Haig Dies

D. Peter Maus wrote:
On 2/20/10 23:22 , wrote:
On Feb 20, 10:53 am, wrote:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/02/20/AR201...

dxAce
Michigan
USA

If I am not mistaken , Haig went on TV the day Reagan was shot. And
he claimed that 'He is in charge' !!!

He was in the White House press room the day of the shooting, answering
questions about what had happened, the President's condition, etc...not
really able to give much information.

Neither the Vice President, nor the Speaker were available to answer
questions. One reporter asked, 'Who's in charge, right now?'

And Haig answered, "I am."

Understandable. But he should have said some thing like "Vice President
Herbert Herbert Bush is remaining in constant contact while traveling
post haste to White House Command Central, where I am holding down the
fort".

[email protected] February 22nd 10 06:17 AM

(OT) Alexander Haig Dies

On Feb 21, 5:30*pm, Bob Dobbs wrote:
wrote:
On Feb 20, 10:53*am, dxAce wrote:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/02/20/AR201....

dxAce
Michigan
USA

If I am not mistaken , Haig went on TV the day Reagan was shot. *And
he claimed that 'He is in charge' !!!

John Hinkley was a prime example
of the need for firearms training in America's schools,
couldn't hit the broad side of a president at twenty paces,
had to get a lucky ricochet under the armpit,
bet that tickled!

--

Operator Bob
Echo Charlie 42

From these historical events I
conclude: Hinckley and Cheney went to the same firearms training
school. I am totally convinced about that.

[email protected] February 22nd 10 02:18 PM

(OT) Alexander Haig Dies

The Three Stooges are on the AMC channel right now.

Radio in the dog catchers truck,
When we arre runnin doggy downnnn,,,, why, he's more fun than a painted
clownnnnnn,,,,,,
cuhulin

[email protected] February 22nd 10 02:23 PM

(OT) Alexander Haig Dies

Yeahhh,,,, the old Haig,,,, he done dead.Fortunately, even politicians
have to die too.
cuhulin

ElChino February 22nd 10 07:04 PM

(OT) Alexander Haig Dies

"OM" wrote:

...And as disclosed documents from the Former Soviet Empire have
shown, it made the Politburo and the Red Army chiefs think *three*
times before even considering launching a sneak attack. The idea had
actually been proposed and quickly shot down when Haig made his
statement, as the initial Soviet reception of this statement was that
a) a coup may be in progress and b) ...

The Soviets were by far as stupid as you may claim. Where are these
documents? In fact the USA has been on the brink of a coup only once.
Read about the "The Business Plot"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Business_Plot

and the heroic actions of General Smedley Butler.

Joe from Kokomo[_2_] February 22nd 10 07:49 PM

(OT) Alexander Haig Dies

ElChino wrote:

In fact the USA has been on the brink of a coup only once.
Read about the "The Business Plot"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Business_Plot

Only once? You don't think the JFK assassination was a coup?