Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old February 23rd 10, 07:29 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Thanks For The Memories

In an e-mail to affiliates Monday Bruce Williams wrote: "After a great
deal of thought, I have concluded, as has been said many times, “all
things come to an end”, and this is true for me of my radio career. As
a consequence, it is my painful chore to announce with much regret
that March 5th, will be my last Network broadcast."

I have been listening to Bruce Williams since he came on air in the
early 1980's. He was a genuine pioneer in talk radio, always
informative, entertaining, cordial and civil to all. Quite a contrast
to the abrasive pompous asses that dominate the radio dial today. I
doubt any of the gasbags even know that Bruce Williams was one of a
few talents who paved the way for the talk radio format to make it.

In the 1990's I had the pleasure of attending one of Bruce's live
lectures and he was as nice in person as he came across on the radio.
There was nothing phony or pretentious about the man at all - a class
act all around.

Thanks for the thousands of hours of radio listening enjoyment you
provided Mr. Williams, you are one of the best.
http://brucewilliams.com/