RadioBanter

-   -   Interesting Collection of Early Radio Photos (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/150091-interesting-collection-early-radio-photos.html)

Priest March 5th 10 06:33 AM

Interesting Collection of Early Radio Photos

Not mine nor am I buying, they are just a lot of fun to look at.

http://stores.ebay.com/khiramaddie_P...0Q2em14?_pgn=1

bpnjensen March 5th 10 04:19 PM

On Mar 4, 10:33*pm, Priest wrote:
Not mine nor am I buying, they are just a lot of fun to look at.

http://stores.ebay.com/khiramaddie_P...5fTitleDescZ1Q...

Great shots! I like the 1922 Young Woman on the beach with a
portable radio and the big AM loop antenna - that sucker probably
picked up Mars!

Priest March 5th 10 10:38 PM

On Mar 5, 10:19*am, bpnjensen wrote:
Great shots! * I like the 1922 Young Woman on the beach with a
portable radio and the big AM loop antenna - that sucker probably
picked up Mars!

Yes that one stood out along with the "1922 photo Woman listening to
pocket radio" - carrying an umbrella in one hand and the radio in the
other while dealing with a tangle of wires as she walked. Now that's a
devoted radio listener!

Makes one really appreciate the portability of todays radios.