RadioBanter

-   -   Pirate - 6950 (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/150125-pirate-6950-a.html)

bpnjensen March 7th 10 02:51 AM

Pirate - 6950

6950usb, WTCR, "Twentieth Century Radio", heard 7 March 2010, 0240z
with folk-rock acoustic ballads by make singer. ID at 0245. SINPO
45454 Strong signal, no QRM (California, United States).

Bruce Jensen

bpnjensen March 7th 10 03:32 AM

Pirate - 6950

On Mar 6, 6:51*pm, bpnjensen wrote:
6950usb, *WTCR, "Twentieth Century Radio", heard 7 March 2010, 0240z
with folk-rock acoustic ballads by make singer. *ID at 0245. SINPO
45454 Strong signal, no QRM *(California, United States).

Bruce Jensen

Sign off at 0330; provided web address and mailing address in NY state
for QSL, asked for stamps or $1-2 for mailing.

Bruce Jensen

dave March 7th 10 12:55 PM

Pirate - 6950

bpnjensen wrote:
On Mar 6, 6:51 pm, wrote:
6950usb, WTCR, "Twentieth Century Radio", heard 7 March 2010, 0240z
with folk-rock acoustic ballads by make singer. ID at 0245. SINPO
45454 Strong signal, no QRM (California, United States).

Bruce Jensen

Sign off at 0330; provided web address and mailing address in NY state
for QSL, asked for stamps or $1-2 for mailing.

Bruce Jensen

Did anyone else rx this? I should have checked the board last night.
It'd be interesting to see an HF clandestine out here in the boonies.

bpnjensen March 7th 10 07:33 PM

Pirate - 6950

On Mar 7, 4:55*am, dave wrote:
bpnjensen wrote:
On Mar 6, 6:51 pm, *wrote:
6950usb, *WTCR, "Twentieth Century Radio", heard 7 March 2010, 0240z
with folk-rock acoustic ballads by make singer. *ID at 0245. SINPO
45454 Strong signal, no QRM *(California, United States).

Bruce Jensen

Sign off at 0330; provided web address and mailing address in NY state
for QSL, asked for stamps or $1-2 for mailing.

Bruce Jensen

Did anyone else rx this? *I should have checked the board last night.
It'd be interesting to see an HF clandestine out here in the boonies.

I'm going to shoot them a letter for a QSL - I'll let you know what
comes of it.

Despite the faux "W" prefix, based on the signal I'd bet it's a
western US station.

Bruce