RadioBanter

-   -   377kHz beacon STB XTS Earth A-12 crash Wendover Utah (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/150511-377khz-beacon-stb-xts-earth-12-crash-wendover-utah.html)

[email protected][_2_] March 26th 10 08:19 PM

377kHz beacon STB XTS Earth A-12 crash Wendover Utah

I got some declassified CIA documents regarding the A-12 crash near
Wendover Utah. In the 400+ pages, there is a chronological log of the
events of the flight. This particular page notes the radio stations
and beacons used with the planes ADF. Of interest is a beacon on
377KHz, noted as both XTS and STB.

http://www.lazygranch.com/images/cia..._earth_377.jp2
You will need irfanview with the plugings to view this document.
http://www.irfanview.com/

Any ideas on where this NDB is located? Note that many of the beacons
on the list are now history. [Austin was converted to DGPS] so this is
probably an historic beacon as opposed to operational.

obviouslydelusional March 27th 10 06:25 PM

On Mar 26, 1:19*pm, " wrote:

http://www.lazygranch.com/images/cia..._earth_377.jp2
You will need irfanview with the plugings to view this document.http://www.irfanview.com/

Linkee no workee??

[email protected][_2_] March 27th 10 06:45 PM

377kHz beacon STB XTS Earth A-12 crash Wendover Utah

On Mar 27, 11:25*am, obviouslydelusional
wrote:
On Mar 26, 1:19*pm, " wrote:

http://www.lazygranch.com/images/cia..._earth_377.jp2
You will need irfanview with the plugings to view this document.http://www.irfanview.com/

Linkee no workee??

For some unknown reason, google puts their url in front of my url. If
you look at the link, this becomes obvious. I'll try it again with a
http in front:

http://www.lazygranch.com/images/cia..._earth_377.jp2

[email protected][_2_] March 27th 10 06:48 PM

wrote:
On Mar 26, 1:19*pm, " wrote:

http://www.lazygranch.com/images/cia..._earth_377.jp2
You will need irfanview with the plugings to view this document.http://www.irfanview.com/

Linkee no workee??

For some unknown reason, google puts their url in front of my url. If
you look at the link, this becomes obvious. I'll try it again with a
http in front:

http://www.lazygranch.com/images/cia..._earth_377.jp2

OK, this time it works. I guess "the google" wants to see the link and
sniff it for malware.