RadioBanter

-   -   UNITED KINGDOM via OMAN - BBC WS, 12095 kHz, 1 April 2010, 0327z (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/150623-united-kingdom-via-oman-bbc-ws-12095-khz-1-april-2010-0327z.html)

bpnjensen April 1st 10 04:30 AM

UNITED KINGDOM via OMAN - BBC WS, 12095 kHz, 1 April 2010, 0327z

BBC via OMAN, 12095 kHz, with good signal in EE at 0327z on 1 April
2010. SINPO = 35333, nearly 100% copyable. Too bad they don't QSL no
more!

Bruce Jensen
California, U.S.A.

dxAce April 1st 10 08:02 AM

bpnjensen wrote:

BBC via OMAN, 12095 kHz, with good signal in EE at 0327z on 1 April
2010. SINPO = 35333, nearly 100% copyable. Too bad they don't QSL no
more!

If you can find the address of the relay site you might just get a
verification from the folks there. At least at one time that was a way around
the folks at Bush House.

Either a letter from them, or you might include a prepared card they can sign.
Or even better, when going that route might be to ask them if perhaps they
still have a stock of cards at the relay site itself.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

bpnjensen April 1st 10 03:22 PM

On Apr 1, 12:02*am, dxAce wrote:
bpnjensen wrote:
BBC via OMAN, 12095 kHz, with good signal in EE at 0327z on 1 April
2010. *SINPO = 35333, nearly 100% copyable. *Too bad they don't QSL no
more!

If you can find the address of the relay site you might just get a
verification from the folks there. At least at one time that was a way around
the folks at Bush House.

Either a letter from them, or you might include a prepared card they can sign.
Or even better, when going that route might be to ask them if perhaps they
still have a stock of cards at the relay site itself.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Now this is a cool idea. Thanks! If I sent them a prepared card that
required only a signature (and postage, I suppose), would it normally
be just an ordinary postcard? I assume that, in lieu of IRCs (which
the PO no longer sells) one would need to include a couple of $$.

WRTVH usually has those relay addresses, don't they? I need me a new
one...

Worth a try :-)

~ Bruce