RadioBanter

-   -   R. Bulgaria, 11700 @ 2300z - 2330z, 18 April 2010 - better thanusual. (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/150949-r-bulgaria-11700-%40-2300z-2330z-18-april-2010-better-thanusual.html)

bpnjensen April 19th 10 12:33 AM

R. Bulgaria, 11700 @ 2300z - 2330z, 18 April 2010 - better thanusual.

WHY? I don't know - usually RB is weak with poor audio, never a good
sound here in California. Today, the audio is still too bassy, but at
least I can understand what they're saying. Maybe it's the Bulgarian
dawn grayline? Naw, too early. Whatever - I am pleased. Nice
signal.

Happy Patriots Day Eve!
Bruce Jensen

[email protected] April 19th 10 01:11 AM

R. Bulgaria, 11700 @ 2300z - 2330z, 18 April 2010 - better than usual.

On Sun, 18 Apr 2010 16:33:24 -0700 (PDT), bpnjensen
wrote:

WHY? I don't know - usually RB is weak with poor audio, never a good
sound here in California. Today, the audio is still too bassy, but at
least I can understand what they're saying. Maybe it's the Bulgarian
dawn grayline? Naw, too early. Whatever - I am pleased. Nice
signal.

Happy Patriots Day Eve!
Bruce Jensen

Signals were good from Europe this afternoon. I was picking up the DRM
broadcast from Radio Romania on 9765 from 2030-2100UT. Hi-fidelity
except for the intermittent dropouts. Lost about 10%.

The other 31m broadcast (9690) beamed to Europe was strong with slight
fading and was 100% readable. Not hi-fi but would rather not miss 10%.

Jim