RadioBanter

-   -   French Guiana gets easier for English speakers (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/150977-french-guiana-gets-easier-english-speakers.html)

bpnjensen April 21st 10 04:06 PM

French Guiana gets easier for English speakers

QSLing French Guiana may be a tad easier for us Yanks now that WYFR
has a theoretical one-hour transmission from 0000 to 0100 on 7,360
kHz. Variable quality, but I can usually get a copy.

Bruce Jensen
California, USA

dave April 23rd 10 01:30 PM

bpnjensen wrote:
QSLing French Guiana may be a tad easier for us Yanks now that WYFR
has a theoretical one-hour transmission from 0000 to 0100 on 7,360
kHz. Variable quality, but I can usually get a copy.

Bruce Jensen
California, USA

Do you have Tahiti? Around 1986 (great DX) I got Tahiti in the daytime
on my R-390A. They were at somewhere between 1 and 5 KW at the time.

bpnjensen April 23rd 10 03:48 PM

On Apr 23, 5:30*am, dave wrote:
bpnjensen wrote:
QSLing French Guiana may be a tad easier for us Yanks now that WYFR
has a theoretical one-hour transmission from 0000 to 0100 on 7,360
kHz. *Variable quality, but I can usually get a copy.

Bruce Jensen
California, USA

Do you have Tahiti? *Around 1986 (great DX) I got Tahiti in the daytime
on my R-390A. *They were at somewhere between 1 and 5 KW at the time.

No, dagnabbit, I was not doing HF at that time. Love to have them
back - we get great Pacific reception generally around here, although
the best bands for those fellows (60, 75, 90) are usually noisy as all
get-out. Good on ya!