RadioBanter

-   -   South Korea resumes border broadcasts (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/151576-re-south-korea-resumes-border-broadcasts.html)

Ian Jackson[_2_] May 29th 10 09:17 AM

South Korea resumes border broadcasts

In message , m II writes
On 10-05-27 10:20 AM, Bill Baka wrote:

What few radios with other than those fixed frequencies have been
smuggled
into the DPRK are tightly hidden and one can actually receive a death
sentence for possessing one..

Yeah, Commies are no fun at all.
Bill

I wonder what the people of Japanese descent living on the West Coast of
North America thought during the Second World War. I don't believe they
were allowed radios in the concentration camps...

I understand that they were usually allowed to keep their radios, but
those with SW capability had the SW disabled (usually by the removal of
a vital component). After the war, some had the SW restored. [I believe
there's previously been some discussion about this in this - and other -
NGs.]
--
Ian