Old June 13th 10, 12:54 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default To Radio Cairo: Adjust your microphone level

Tuned in Radio Cairo today on 11590kHz to the 2300 UTC EE broadcast.
Strong carrier S9+5dB min. Only the music portions of the broadcast
were audible. Voice audio varied betwwen whisper and zero. Finally a
female voice was audible at about 28 minutes past the hour but that
only lasted abour 10 minutes. The only thing I can figure is that they
have no meters in the studio.

Jim
Old June 13th 10, 01:33 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Sat, 12 Jun 2010 20:14:18 -0400, dxAce

Tuned in Radio Cairo today on 11590kHz to the 2300 UTC EE broadcast.
Strong carrier S9+5dB min. Only the music portions of the broadcast
were audible. Voice audio varied betwwen whisper and zero. Finally a
female voice was audible at about 28 minutes past the hour but that
only lasted abour 10 minutes. The only thing I can figure is that they
have no meters in the studio.

This is nothing new. Radio Cairo has had modulation problems for a very, very,
long time.

30 years or more.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

I think they read this ng. As soon as I posted that message the
modulation went up. I sent a thank you and audio went out completely.
So I posted it was out again. A minute later it was back on. You can
see my post after that.

Jim
Old June 13th 10, 01:49 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Sat, 12 Jun 2010 20:38:15 -0400, dxAce

On Sat, 12 Jun 2010 20:14:18 -0400, dxAce

Tuned in Radio Cairo today on 11590kHz to the 2300 UTC EE broadcast.
Strong carrier S9+5dB min. Only the music portions of the broadcast
were audible. Voice audio varied betwwen whisper and zero. Finally a
female voice was audible at about 28 minutes past the hour but that
only lasted abour 10 minutes. The only thing I can figure is that they
have no meters in the studio.

I think they read this ng. As soon as I posted that message the
modulation went up. I sent a thank you and audio went out completely.
So I posted it was out again. A minute later it was back on. You can
see my post after that.

You are full of ****. They read nothing. As I stated earlier, they've had problems
for years.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

All I know is I listened to the Spanish broadcast yesterday and the
modulation was perfect.

Jim
Old June 13th 10, 01:51 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Jun 12, 5:49*pm, wrote:
[...]

I was listening a bit today too - decent carrier and almost inaudible
modulation. No need for that.

Radio Cairo - 6250 dxAce Shortwave 2 November 18th 07 01:04 AM
Radio Cairo Steve Shortwave 3 September 25th 07 06:46 AM
Radio Cairo Dyuob Poltice Shortwave 7 December 3rd 04 06:52 PM
Radio Cairo Maximus Shortwave 2 February 16th 04 04:50 PM
Radio Cairo 9.990 KB Shortwave 5 January 19th 04 05:14 AM