RadioBanter

-   -   iBiquity's poorly-written "legal disclaimer" - "iBiquity Twists Its Tubes" (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/153888-ibiquitys-poorly-written-legal-disclaimer-ibiquity-twists-its-tubes.html)

DigitalRadioScams September 5th 10 04:26 PM

iBiquity's poorly-written "legal disclaimer" - "iBiquity Twists Its Tubes"

"iBiquity Twists Its Tubes"

"Any simple WHOIS domain-name search turns up the obvious: iBiquity
owns HDRadio.com. Administrative and technical contacts point straight
back to the corporate HQ. My question is, why all the disclaimage? And
are you really that clueless, iBiquity? Are you effectively denying
the validity/credibility of your consumer-marketing claims?.. Hiding
behind a trademark-disclaimer - that HDRadio.com is 'managed' by the
HD Radio Alliance - which is, for all intents and purposes, iBiquity
(though that particular domain is registered to Clear Channel) - does
not cut the mustard."

http://www.diymedia.net/archive/0209.htm#022309

This kind of deceptive crap that is going to land iBiquity in court.
Also, a number of HD Radio stations have turned of their signals,
which has not been reflected on iBiquity's website, leading to more
false claims about the numbers of HD Radio stations. Shall I go on?