RadioBanter

-   -   (OT) Earth's Surface has 'Lurched' 11 Feet to the Right (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/153946-re-ot-earths-surface-has-lurched-11-feet-right.html)

RHF September 7th 10 10:55 PM

(OT) Earth's Surface has 'Lurched' 11 Feet to the Right

On Sep 7, 8:08*am, John Smith wrote:
On 9/7/2010 8:23 AM, dave wrote:

- - It was a strike-slip event. I'm moving toward
- - San Francisco at a rate of 3 inches a year,...

- Being forced to move 3 mm close to san fransicko
- would be reason enough to move to another state ...
-
- Regards,
- JS

But if you are 'north' of the SF Bay Area
you are moving away at the same rate . . .

and in time you would be in another state
-if- you had that much time . . .

? san fransicko ? - i remember when "Frisco"
was an INSULT to anyone living in "The City"
by the Bay -aka- 'Baghdad-by-the-Bay' ! ~ RHF
http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Baghdad_by_the_Bay
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herb_Caen

m II September 7th 10 11:40 PM

(OT) Earth's Surface has 'Lurched' 11 Feet to the Right

dave wrote:

The San Andreas Fault goes under the Ocean near Daly City/Pacifica.

San Andreas Fault? I've heard of that. Didn't they build nuclear
reactors on that thing because the real estate was so darn reasonably
priced?

mike

dave September 8th 10 12:37 AM

RHF wrote:
On Sep 7, 8:08 am, John wrote:
On 9/7/2010 8:23 AM, dave wrote:

- - It was a strike-slip event. I'm moving toward
- - San Francisco at a rate of 3 inches a year,...

- Being forced to move 3 mm close to san fransicko
- would be reason enough to move to another state ...
-
- Regards,
- JS

But if you are 'north' of the SF Bay Area
you are moving away at the same rate . . .

The San Andreas Fault goes under the Ocean near Daly City/Pacifica.
There is no one living up the fault from Esseff.