RadioBanter

-   -   Happy DXer (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/155760-happy-dxer.html)

John Smith November 13th 10 06:47 PM

Happy DXer

On 11/11/2010 7:58 PM, Kevin Alfred Strom wrote:

I hope they have kept, and improved upon, the means to defend themselves
-- vigorously -- from the bombs and missiles and predator drones of that
Evil Empire.

With my best,
Kevin, WB4AIO.

It ain't no revelation, we need a revolution.

Regards,
JS

John Smith November 13th 10 06:58 PM

Happy DXer

On 11/12/2010 4:07 PM, RHF wrote:

DX Ace - Dang that is way Low !

I have an Empty {Unoccupied} House in OakTown
which is required to have Gas& Electric hooked
up and working : But it still used 252 KWHs @
$29.97 and even with it being 'empty'; it still
used up all of the 'Base-Line' Electricity for
the OCT 2010.

Note - The Gas bill was $13.42 with 12 Therms
which was about half the 'Base-Line'.

~ RHF
.

Man, I would look for a tap on your line, after the meter. I had tenets
which would cut though the wall of their apartment and find the
neighbors line in the wall and then run a ton of electric heaters off
their neighbors line.

Took me months to figure out what was going on and get rid of the crooks
in my buildings! And, this was more than a decade ago; Imagine how
many are doing this now!

Regards,
JS

[email protected] November 13th 10 08:35 PM

Happy DXer

Cutting through the wall in apartments and hooking on to their
electricity? I never heard of that one before.
Note: I wouldn't do it.
cuhulin

John Smith November 13th 10 08:48 PM

Happy DXer

On 11/13/2010 12:35 PM, wrote:
Cutting through the wall in apartments and hooking on to their
electricity? I never heard of that one before.
Note: I wouldn't do it.
cuhulin

Yes, the wall which one apartment shares with the adjoining apartment
carries both lines for both apartments. They just used a tool to find
the live line though the sheet rock, then cut though a hole and
installed an additional outlet ... all the adjoining neighbor knew was
that their electric bill suddenly went up!

How I finally found out is when I started seeing electric bills on empty
apartments and the PG&E wanted me to pick up the tabs. That is when I
got suspicious and found reason to work on the adjoining apartments and
see what was up ... it took some doing ... they had stuff hiding the
extra outlets, wanted a few days before they let me in, etc.

In one apartment building I had, two adjoining apartments were using
each others electricity! Apparently, word on how to do this goes around
VERY QUICKLY! I think I was one of the last to find out, actually ... :-(

Regards,
JS

BDK[_7_] November 13th 10 09:13 PM

Happy DXer

In article ,
says...

On 11/13/2010 12:35 PM,
wrote:
[...]

I worked in a building where the building next door was taking power for
about half the building for about 40 years! They were owned by the same
people back then, and apparently, nobody told the next two owners the
power was "shared". One day the electricians came in to redo the main
service as it was very old and needed to be upgraded, and they thought
they had cut the power to the whole thing and then the guy who owned the
restauant next door comes out and asks why his power is partly off. He
shouldn't have said anything. The owner of the building I worked at
ended up taking about a $20K guesstimate of the power his ovens and
coolers, and other stuff had used for the last 12 years off his
building..that guy cooked a lot of chicken in those big electric
roasters.

--
BDK- Top of the government shill heap for over 10 years running!

[email protected] November 13th 10 10:39 PM

Happy DXer

Looka here, there used to be a vacant house next door to me.Those people
who lived in that house, I reckon it got to where they couldn't pay
their electric bill and water bill.The electric company finally removed
the electric meter.They did something to steal electricity from where
the meter was.Then, not long after that, they ran a garden hose from the
water meter and along the top of the ground and through the front
doorway of that house.After they moved out, the people who lived in a
house catty corner across the street, up the street from them, they used
to go over to that vacant house with one gallon plastic jugs and steal
the water from where the water pipe connected to the water meter.
Spread that wealth baby, spread that wealth!
cuhulin

John Smith November 14th 10 09:22 AM

Happy DXer

On 11/13/2010 8:25 PM, RHF wrote:

Maybe have to have the Yard-Man to do a detailed
Walk-around and Check the side Yards for Extension
Cords. The would need at least 50-Ft Cords to
get from that House to either of the Side Neighbors
and they both Own their Houses -so- it is doubtful.

~ RHF
.

WOW! I never even considered theft of power from house-to-house. I was
thinking it only went on in apartments. However, in these economic
times and with the price of power, I could see how some might just be
desperate enough!

Regards,
JS