RadioBanter

-   -   No Reception At All! Heeelp (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/157775-no-reception-all-heeelp.html)

mikepak January 8th 11 12:38 PM

No Reception At All! Heeelp

Hi from Belfast! I have a portable ROBERTS R9914. I used to DX in my youth a lot and wanted to start again. Dispair - I live in a block of flats central Belfast and my receiver gets absolutely NO SW at all! Is this normal? Any tips would be handy....I dont have an external antenna yet - for some reason it cant be shipped to NI by Amazon!

Happy DX ING to the rest of you!

Michael

dave January 8th 11 05:32 PM

No Reception At All! Heeelp

On 01/08/2011 04:38 AM, mikepak wrote:
Hi from Belfast! I have a portable ROBERTS R9914. I used to DX in my
youth a lot and wanted to start again. Dispair - I live in a block of
flats central Belfast and my receiver gets absolutely NO SW at all! Is
this normal? Any tips would be handy....I dont have an external antenna
yet - for some reason it cant be shipped to NI by Amazon!

Happy DX ING to the rest of you!

Michael

I think we call that the Sangean ATS-505, decent radio. Have you tried
killing power to the building whilst listening with batteries? Is your
problem no signal or too much noise? Do you have roof access? What is
your building made of?