RadioBanter

-   -   receiver/band opinions (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/160372-re-receiver-band-opinions.html)

dave February 26th 11 01:25 PM

receiver/band opinions

On 02/25/2011 08:22 PM, Roland Latour wrote:
I see direct-conversion single-band ham receiver kits from
ramseyelectronics.com for $40: 20m, 30m, or 40m (HR20C et al)
At that price I thought I'd give it a try. I already have an SWL
portable all-band receiver that I got years ago. I can use its digital
tuning to calibrate the kit. Has anyone tried one of these kits?

So, if you were looking for a single-band receiver, which band would you
choose for the next 5 years? I guess this is really a sunspot question.

31 m