RadioBanter

-   -   Coverage Map? BBC's World Service on 648khz in Western Europe? (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/161626-re-coverage-map-bbcs-world-service-648khz-western-europe.html)

marc[_3_] March 16th 11 07:26 PM

Coverage Map? BBC's World Service on 648khz in Western Europe?

RP wrote:

Anyone ever see a coverage map for the BBC's World Service on 648khz?

I hear it has great coverage over Wester Europe.

How many watts are they pushing?

Thanks!

emwg.info for all info & more...

coverage is daytime: upto Paris. Night: rest of Western EU.

http://shortwave.tk
700+ Radio Stations on SW http://swstations.tk
300+ languages on SW http://radiolanguages.tk

dave March 16th 11 07:53 PM

On 03/16/2011 12:26 PM, marc wrote:
RP wrote:

Anyone ever see a coverage map for the BBC's World Service on 648khz?

I hear it has great coverage over Wester Europe.

How many watts are they pushing?

Thanks!

emwg.info for all info& more...

coverage is daytime: upto Paris. Night: rest of Western EU.

You can figure some of it out yourself:

http://ecfr.gpoaccess.gov/cgi/t/text...1.1.44&idno=47

dave March 16th 11 07:56 PM

BBC's World Service on 648khz Going Dark in 2 Weeks

On 03/16/2011 01:33 PM, RP wrote:
wrote in message
RP wrote:

Anyone ever see a coverage map for the BBC's World Service on 648khz?

I hear it has great coverage over Wester Europe.

How many watts are they pushing?

Thanks!

emwg.info for all info& more...

coverage is daytime: upto Paris. Night: rest of Western EU.

Thanks Marc, but I don't see any coverage maps....do you?

How far into Western Europe (at night) does 648 penetrate?

http://emwg.info/

http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/in..._closure.shtml

[email protected] March 16th 11 09:02 PM

On Mar 16, 3:56*pm, dave wrote:
On 03/16/2011 01:33 PM, RP wrote:

*wrote in message
RP wrote:

Anyone ever see a coverage map for the BBC's World Service on 648khz?

I hear it has great coverage over Wester Europe.

How many watts are they pushing?

Thanks!

emwg.info for all info& *more...

coverage is daytime: upto Paris. *Night: rest of Western EU.

Thanks Marc, but I don't see any coverage maps....do you?

How far into Western Europe (at night) does 648 penetrate?

http://emwg.info/

http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/in...208_648khz...- Hide quoted text -

This is very bad . Maybe they will change their decision in lieu of
the current worldwide troubles . Their 648KHz broadcast was
listenedto widely in Europe over the years . At nighttime it covered
a very wide area on a regular basis ...

[email protected] March 16th 11 09:20 PM

BBC's World Service on 648khz Going Dark in 2 Weeks

BBC = Biased Broad Casters R Them!

I Hope Top Queer(s) goes Dark.
cuhulin

RP March 17th 11 05:56 AM

BBC's World Service on 648khz Going Dark in 2 Weeks

http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/in...208_648khz...-

Page Not Found
Sorry!

Unfortunately the following page was not available:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/in.../110208_648khz