Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old March 17th 11, 06:23 AM
Junior Member

Default Grundig Satellit 500 - Help needed

Hello... I am hoping fellow owners of the Sat 500 might point me in the right direction. I have inherited a Grundig Satellit 500 in excellent cosmetic condition. It has been used regularly up 2 weeks ago. I had it my possession for a day, and it worked flawlessly.

However, it now has developed a problem. After a few seconds of normal reception and audio, whatever station I am listening to disappears completely - all I hear is white noise, as if there were no station on that frequency whatsoever. All bands are like this... I cannot tune any station on FM, MW, LW, or SW. It's as if there were no stations whatsoever. All the other dials and buttons operate normally in this condition... it's just that there are no stations.

If I then turn the unit off for a short while, 10 minutes or so, the last tuned station returns for 2 or 3 seconds, then vanishes. If I leave the receiver turned off for 6 or more hours, the station will come back and play for 1 minute, but no more, and then all of the bands are dead again.

Is this a problem anyone has heard of? It is very frustrating to deal with as I was excited to finally have a Grundig receiver in my possession. ]

If anyone has any tips or tricks, please let me know! They would be most appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

OnkyoMan

Last edited by OnkyoMan : March 17th 11 at 06:25 AM

Grundig Satellit 750 henry Shortwave 1 October 2nd 08 06:16 PM
grundig satellit 6001 - help needed glathrem Shortwave 3 February 6th 06 08:24 PM
FA GRUNDIG SATELLIT 500 [email protected] Shortwave 0 December 18th 04 06:14 PM
NEW - Grundig Satellit 800 Millennium - WebPages on Grundig Radio . Com RHF Shortwave 0 November 30th 04 10:05 AM
Grundig Satellit 3400 and Grundig Satellit 500 Ray Hall Swap 0 July 28th 03 03:24 AM